Thread: To the powers that be, and won't let us be.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Default To the powers that be, and won't let us be.

I certainly hope you aren't through "Tweaking" the new software.

The Quick Navigation isn't quick anymore.

Each time, you gotta search the whole list to go back to the one you're on. Before, If I'm reading a thread, on Ak Shooting, I can click it again and go back to the Ak Shooting List of threads.

OR, if I'm on AK Shooting, and wanna go to the Forum just below it on the list, AK Handguns, I still have to search the WHOLE LIST to get to the one listed just below t he one I'm on at the time.

Also, the posting options are rather confusing, and I believe needlessly complex.

Of course, I'm used to the Old Software, but I haven't noticed any improvements with the New.

I also, find no way to contact the Administrators via the Forum. I see the ability to send an Email, separate from the Forum.

I just wanted to let you know.

Thank You

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Me too! Not to mention having to log in bunches of times!

ECK; If you click the remember me check box that should solve the repeated login issue.

Yep we are back to slow and,never mine
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Yup, changes to forums that have worked well and what people are used to doesn't do any good especially if it slows it down for us to browse and read. Bring it back to the way it was.
    The emphasis is on accuracy, not power!

Like most outfits that send to junk to Alaska because its to expensive to send back it may now be happening with software
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I am no computer wiz for sure - much prefer a gun or fishing pole in my hands! However, I am beginning to find my way around this new system - I am finally starting to remember "where" the places are I need to navigate too. Kinda like hunting or fishing the same place a second, third and more times - be patient and walk away when frustrated!
    I have had no problem with logging in after hitting remember me box.
    Took me a couple sessions to find the way back to ea individual listing like "shooting" or "hunting" as I was hitting the "Forum" and would go back all the way out. I think that is what you may be doing Smitty???
    Kinda like dating a new gal - not sure when I am going to get slapped when I touch something!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

AW: What makes you think the software or the servers or really any of this online equipment is actually IN Alaska?

There are definitely some bugs with the initial integration but they are being worked out. I have to laugh a little over your sig line, perhaps change it to Joe Want is not your den mother but please o' please don't mess w/ my computer or I'll throw a fit..

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    ECK; If you click the remember me check box that should solve the repeated login issue.
    Boy do I feel dumb! You prolly heard that brain fart way up there huh?

Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    Boy do I feel dumb! You prolly heard that brain fart way up there huh?
    Don't work for me, it makes me log in every time I restart now for some reason. I even marked the cookie as one to keep when it cleans house. It's not a big deal though as long as I can remember who I am and my password.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

AW: What makes you think the software or the servers or really any of this online equipment is actually IN Alaska?

There are definitely some bugs with the initial integration but they are being worked out. I have to laugh a little over your sig line, perhaps change it to Joe Want is not your den mother but please o' please don't mess w/ my computer or I'll throw a fit..
    Ya I know so why no throw your precived power around some more and change it yourself.When you pay for something thats what you expect to get

Default the physical location of this site is a secret, LuJon

That specific location has been mentioned previously on this forum by me, but I won't repeat it here because your boss gets all nervous-nelly-like at the mere mention of site-locational data that any high school junior can find online in 1 minute or less.

Carry on...

OK, I'll give. The actual location is in the Land of Lovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Ya I know so why no throw your precived power around some more and change it yourself.When you pay for something thats what you expect to get
    That isn't the answer. Mods have just as much ability to fix those bugs as you do Amigo (none). They can adjust some amount of content shown on this site but can make zero re-configs of the software.

This site's tech guy is on this stuff pretty good though, and likely will resolve these problems as fast as any Outside hired gun could.

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    Don't work for me, it makes me log in every time I restart now for some reason. I even marked the cookie as one to keep when it cleans house. It's not a big deal though as long as I can remember who I am and my password.
    That's exactly what mine was doing but it seems to be ok now.

This. Tried it on my Mac in Firefox, Safari, and Chrome. All act the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post
    I certainly hope you aren't through "Tweaking" the new software.

The Quick Navigation isn't quick anymore.

Each time, you gotta search the whole list to go back to the one you're on. Before, If I'm reading a thread, on Ak Shooting, I can click it again and go back to the Ak Shooting List of threads.

OR, if I'm on AK Shooting, and wanna go to the Forum just below it on the list, AK Handguns, I still have to search the WHOLE LIST to get to the one listed just below t he one I'm on at the time.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Is there some way the Quick Navagation can be changed so it will keep the forum you're on, already highlighted, so we don't have to search the whole list when we wanna stay there, or be able to search from there, if we want another forum?

Like I said before, the Quick Navigation is now, a drag.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

I like change and I don't like change so I just get along with what is and hope the forum gets up to speed and I get to working with it good. I like the green colors because that is my favorite color.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Hey Smitty,
    Other forums using this software are going through the same upgrade issues. My other hobby is herding dogs and herding competition so I am a member of a breed specific dog forum which upgraded before the outdoorsdirectory did. The same complaints and navigation problems exist there and members are confident improvements will take place. Personally, I don't care for the color and find load times to be excessive. Navigation is sometimes a challenge and of course, I'm an old dog trying to learn new tricks.
    Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.