Thread: Galena Air Taxi or Charter Service

Default Galena Air Taxi or Charter Service

Does anyone know of a good reliable, safe, air taxi service operating out of Galena?
    I've been trying to contact Yukon Eagle Air but the phone has apparently been disconnected.

Yukon Eagle closed it's dorrs a couple years ago. Owners are out of the country I believe.
    Another thread here had a post that Sportsman Air has a plane in Galena during Hunt season.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Brownie and family (Yukon Eagle Air) are flying missions in Africa and, thus, has shut down his operations since 2008. Used them in 2006 and highly recommend them. The only other game in town is Joe Schuster at Sportsman Air Service but he only does guided or outifitted hunts. Sportsman's outfitted hunts are $6,750/person for 10 days and requires a party of 2. There are other better and cheaper options.
    "The days a man spends fishing or spends hunting should not be deducted from the time he's on earth. " Theodore Roosevelt

Mike, I think it's time you buy a bigger plane, get your transporters licence, and move shop to Galena. This villige needs a true air TAXI service for those who simpley need a ride to the bush.

Get a plane..............100,000 bucks
    Transporter license.....50,000 bucks (by the time you meet all the BS requirements)
    Not having to put up with govt BS.............priceless!

I'll take the no hassle option.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!