Thread: Yes a Hilleberg is really worth it

Default Yes a Hilleberg is really worth it

Sheep scouting in July I usually go light. I recently purchased a Nallo 4 GT (Barney's) and wanted to get more familiar with it for my August trip so I packed it in (4500ft). It was a beautiful July day until about 4pm then the weather turned. We setup camp about 10pm in heavy winds (gusts 30-40) and used the huge vestibule for a little Mountain House buffet. The winds increased and with it rain and snow. About 2pm the next day we decided the weather was not going to break and packed up a got out. As far as gear goes this is the best tent I have owned. After getting pounded all night with wind/rain/snow not one drop made it inside the sleeping area. The vestibule was pretty moist from blowing snow with the vent being open all the way. Condensation was not an issue next time I think I'll keep the front vent mostly zipped up. My Hilleberg took some serious punishment and came out looking like new. I slapped myself a few times for thinking I should buy a $700 dollar tent but if your are serious about getting up in the mountains you need the best gear.

Great pic man. Gotta love those July storms. Able to scout for sheep after the storm blew in. Thanks again for the pic. Pretty sharp looking tent

No scouting walked the rest of the day and most of the night as the river valley we rode up flooded out. So we will see how a Hilleberg does stored wet in a dry bag hanging in a tree for a week. Recovery mission Saturday.

Hilleberg is one of the best mountain tents available. I spend last week Norvegian mountains hiking and fishing in some summer stormy weather. My partners Hilleberg Nallo served again all right, like it had done last 5 years of hard use in scandinavian coutries in all seasons. I must buy new tent for myself soon. If I can find some extra money I will buy Hilleberg, otherwise my choice is Fjällräven Akka because it is cheaper but still timeproven, good quality tent.

Makes me feel even better about having the same tent! I love my hille!!!

Seals the deal for me. I'm planning a sheep hunt for next year. I was leery about buying one...but now it's at the top of the list.

I just want to give another big thumbs up to my Hille berg tent. My 12 year old grandson and I just completed a three day, 65 mile float trip on a whitewater river. Since we were floating, we couldn't always stop when we wanted to, but had to find a suitable spot to set up a tent. Two times by the time we found a place it was raining; the second time it was a downpour. We were able to set up the tent without getting any of the inside wet, and it remained that way throughout the storm. That is due to the ingenious method by which Hilleberg has attached the rain fly so that it sets up as a unit (already attached). I have the Kaitum and I had to set it up solo when I flew out to scout sheep last summer; weather deterioted quickly and by the time I reached a suitable strip it was a downpour; again the inside was dry. I have had a variety of different tents from various manufacturers since I began hunting sheep and other game in AK back in the fall of '66; Some have been lighter, but none more waterproof without any vapor problems in humid and rainy weather.

I've got a Nallo 3GT and it's worth it's salt. I keep it in a kit for Search and Rescue. It's money well spent. Don't slouch on your outdoor gear if you are a serious outdoors person.

Another Hilleberg fan here. I've had my Tarra for 4 or 5 years now I think. Lots of high wind and rain. Never has leaked one drop. Holds solid in the wind. I love my little red bunker! Pitch it where you want, let the wind blow and fugettaboutit...

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again

"Yes a Hilleberg Tarra is worth it" - boy ain't that the truth!

In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am