Thread: 4 Day Trip

Default 4 Day Trip

Well, me and a couple of buddies are heading out down to the Kenai this weekend through Tuesday. We are leaving tomorrow and stopping in Hope for humpies, then down to the Kasilof to dipnet (possibly the Kenai), fishing Homer Spit in the Lagoon and for some flounder. Sunday we have a combo charter for Halibut, Lings, Rockfish, and maybe Kings/Silvers. Monday we start back hitting the Kasilof again, if we haven't limited and stopping by the Parks streams to try for some EARLY silvers or pinks/chums. Should be a great trip. Any pointers or things I should try along the way?

Proudly Serving Since 1997
    The circle is complete again, finally. The force is once again balanced!
    "Only a Sith deals in absolutes in regards to fishing!"

Might give Bird Creek a try too
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Salmon Sith View Post
    Well, me and a couple of buddies are heading out down to the Kenai this weekend through Tuesday. We are leaving tomorrow and stopping in Hope for humpies, then down to the Kasilof to dipnet (possibly the Kenai), fishing Homer Spit in the Lagoon and for some flounder. Sunday we have a combo charter for Halibut, Lings, Rockfish, and maybe Kings/Silvers. Monday we start back hitting the Kasilof again, if we haven't limited and stopping by the Parks streams to try for some EARLY silvers or pinks/chums. Should be a great trip. Any pointers or things I should try along the way?
    Sounds like you'll need s BIGGER cooler! Sounds like a great trip..

Hey Man,

Give me a call so I can get you your knife. I'm might hit up bird this afternoon for a little while. Tomorrow I'm going to Upper Montana to see if I can't get into any Rainbow Action. I'll let you know how it goes.

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

if your going for flounder id suggest going to lands end rather than the lagoon. you'll catch some cod and irish lords also, but i've always caught flounders in between. alot of fun on a smaller rod when the waves are too big to go out.

Quote Originally Posted by FishnMan View Post
    Sounds like you'll need s BIGGER cooler! Sounds like a great trip..
    We've got 3x 120qt coolers coming with us...SHOULD be enough....

Quote Originally Posted by bigcox View Post
    Hey Man,

Give me a call so I can get you your knife. I'm might hit up bird this afternoon for a little while. Tomorrow I'm going to Upper Montana to see if I can't get into any Rainbow Action. I'll let you know how it goes.

Fish On!
    Will do! We aren't sure when we are leaving, but if everything goes as planned, we should be in Anch around 630 - 930 tonight.

Sith, let me know which charter you take out, and how you did. I'm coming up next week and am looking to do a combo trip out of homer. Thanks.

Default Cpt Steve's

The best combo trip I went on was with Cpt Steve out of Ninilchick. This guy will fish you until you can't fish anymore when he says it's all day it's all day! He has a very nice lodge to. I am going to stay at the lodge next year and do some combo trips. Check out his web site. This late in the game he might be filled up but its worth a try.

where's my plugs? can you give them my light saber i left in your truck if they call you? (1- Lamiglass Kenai King)
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com