Thread: Shrimping around Knight Island

Default Shrimping around Knight Island

I'm taking a few friends and co-workers out in the sound this weekend and their mainly interested in fishing. I know of some decent fishing around Knight Island but I'm mainly intersted in stocking the freezer with shrimp. From what I've read there's not much good shrimping on Knight Island but what would be the closest. I've got a few pretty good spots but the closest is Cochran Bay which is a pretty far run just to check pots. Anyone willing to give a little advice about shrimping closer to Knight? I'm not looking for coordinates or anyones honey hole but just some advice or throughts on the closest place to get in on some shrimp. I'm certainly willing to return the favor on what we get into fishing or shrimping etc. Thanks in advance for the help.

Head straight west towards the mainland and find a spot between 400-600' that looks like it has the right bottom structure. There is good shrimping all along there.

Gracias, Unfortunately I'm guessing there's nothing I can tell you that you don't already know about the sound. Maybe I'll just have to buy you a beer in return.