Thread: Its a living........August looms...

Default Its a living........August looms...

Howday, Hunters!

Now that the line to the house is back to order and Im actually home, figured I'd stop in and post a bit.......then gotta yell at my motors and shake my fist at the wind, so I can get outta here again~~LOL!!~~

Now Ive gone and done it again,.......... Im cameraless~~LOL!!~~
    or I'd take a killer picture of skulls for some drooling actionYou wouldnt belive what decorates my shop porch roof.....

Got "Some", allright and a good variety at that! I LOVE SUMMER (almost as much as winter )
    Been hunting, mostly Mammoth while trapesing about, some ivory and bones put up to dry and get retrived later, some Caribou for the dinner plan, some flightless male Ducks for the freezer, and Salmon have arrived, so were neck deep in work and food

Things come and go so quickly, its crazy.
    The wife picked some Blue berrys and some salmon berrys last night, and our net is working away.
    Gotta smoke some of those babys too.....

Greens/Tundra veggies here stored up, so now to build a cache for berrys and dryed/smoked meats, so I'll be hunting wood to build with too.

The bro inlaw brought home two Oogruk (Seals) which the women hacked, slashed and rendered/dryed for us, and we salvaged a floater for the perfect hide and blubber it had for the dogs, so were ahaed on that game too. Dogs gotta eat.....
    Got some great "Canvas" for the wife to ink now, too.........

Now that the sun dips below the horizon again, the misquitos will be down, and cool insectless nights make for great meat/fish drying. Dont have to fight the flys then.

I have too many options, sometimes~~LOL!!~~and August is a crazy month............
    , I always get a few Ocean Ducks then for winter, as well as Caribou meat and hides will be perfect all through August....Aughts is the start of my "Hunting Season" , right after July and before September~~LOL!!~~Might get a Moose too, if we have room to smoke such, but I lean tward Muskox, as I have a pack spotted out and they never move far, August is the start of that season.
    Then again, I might motor over the hill and spend a day or two chasing a mountainside Blueberry fed BlackBear to eat as well......

The wife likes to set a net or two, and stock up on the Fish, so I think she has plans as well, but regardless, theres still plenty of Mammoth out there to hunt still
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

We won't believe you have any mammoth until you show pics!!
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Mammoth Hunting appears to be a vicious cycle to me. Hunt Mammoth, so you can sell it, only to use the money for gas to go Mammoth Hunting. Sounds like your summer days are full. I personally use the summer for a time of relaxation and recreation.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Pix will come, MT, but if you cant wait and have a spare camera that takes SD cards, put it on Bering Air~~LOL!!~~

Nothing good, just broken chunks and bark, but a couple nice bones for carving

I walked in the 80above with my bare feet in the waters edge all day long but it was high tide and not good combing. I need a very low tide and no wind for the best "Surfing for Mammoth". I do need to make a better "drift box" to see down in the water with, mines leaking

I just need a little more meat besides fish. Only old bones we are finding around here are from graves no one remembers anymore,kind of sad.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

We occassionaly find people too, from the past, and who knows them......
    I know it is our fate to join them in oblivion someday, but right now life is Good

We picked a lotta greens as well, and I guess Ive been drafted into the Camp Builders Guild, as the wife informed me that thats "Whats going on" while were around......~~LOL!!~~

Im all for hacking a spot outta the river side Alders and smoking fish with 'em, for sure.......maby smoke my Muskox too

I have not found any mammoth tusks here in IL of late, did see the mother-in-laws false teeth in a cup once - Yikes!

We do have FRESH Sweet Corn and Blackberries right now! Yum.....
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....