Thread: freezer space

Default freezer space

anyone know if there is a place we can pay to keep about 10 48 qt. coolers of fish frozen for about 4 days in coopers landing or soldotna? thanks (july 24-28)

try kenai cache.

http://kenaicache.com/

thanks cmo1977, called them and they have room for our fish.

Ten 48 qt coolers full of fish?
    Now you've got me curious... May I ask what you intend to do w/ 10 48 qt coolers of fish? Where did they come from?
    My Gawd man!

Take it to Hamiltons across the street. Cheaper and much nicer folk to deal with.

Happens a lot (well, maybe not that many coolers) - the way the possession limit up here works it is legal.

I don't know if they will do it, but Custom Processors on the Kenai Spur in Soldotna is where my wife & I take our fish to be processed.
    Might also want to try the place on Kalifornsky Beach Rd (name escapes me at present).

My wife and I will be in Soldotna July 25th until August 1st. Have three trips planned (Kasilof, Kenai, and Homer)
    Then we switch our base to Coopers Landing Aug 1st to 7th. Four river days and one day in Seward planned there. Probably do alot of 'catch & release' on the river (depends on how we do with the earlier trips on the Kasilof & Kenai).
    Hope we catch a good number of fish (NOT 10 COOLERS WORTH THOUGH!).

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    Ten 48 qt coolers full of fish?
    Now you've got me curious... May I ask what you intend to do w/ 10 48 qt coolers of fish? Where did they come from?
    My Gawd man!
    Got Me Thinking also, TEN COOLERS !?!?

Assuming this OP is from Colorado, "Are out of state "SPORT" fisherman really leaving with that much fish, legally? Eating them all at home I hope?
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakrain View Post
    Got Me Thinking also, TEN COOLERS !?!?

Assuming this OP is from Colorado, "Are out of state "SPORT" fisherman really leaving with that much fish, legally? Eating them all at home I hope?
    Wow! that's some kind of apetite for fish! Maybe it's a bunch of guys on a dream trip? A definite posibility.

Default lots of fish

Many, many people here run in large groups and add up everyone's limit and you get sometimes many hundreds of fish within a legal limit.

We might wonder if the OP's large storage problem is taking an overlimit, but sheesh guys, lets give him the benefit of the doubt, and maybe next time another guy won't be reticent to post.

Over half the people I know that read this board have a policy of not posting, because they don't want the barrage of negativity that will surely flow their way. I understand this because I've gotten it myself, even when I didn't bring it onto myself. The time that sticks out most in my mind is when I posted 12.5 months ago that if you need to make room for your reds take what's there that you're not eating down to St. Francis homeless shelter; man o man, the crap I got for saying that here....

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Many, many people here run in large groups and add up everyone's limit and you get sometimes many hundreds of fish within a legal limit.

We might wonder if the OP's large storage problem is taking an overlimit, but sheesh guys, lets give him the benefit of the doubt, and maybe next time another guy won't be reticent to post.

Over half the people I know that read this board have a policy of not posting, because they don't want the barrage of negativity that will surely flow their way. I understand this because I've gotten it myself, even when I didn't bring it onto myself. The time that sticks out most in my mind is when I posted 12.5 months ago that if you need to make room for your reds take what's there that you're not eating down to St. Francis homeless shelter; man o man, the crap I got for saying that here....
    Or doing pork buts on the smoker in camp?

Just kidding, Steve! I know that's a soft tissue wound. Looking forward to seeing you this year!

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post

Yeah I do get your point, my apologies to the OP for any such interpretation,
    but as for my question I am genuinely curious about the amount of fish that some are shipping out as that seems like a tremendous amount. Perhaps he is shipping for an entire party.

I will make clear that I was definitely NOT Implying or Accusing the OP of taking an Overlimit (could be read that way in the way I worded it) but was questioning the limiting/allocation process. Just wondering how much that is going on in light of Sport Allocation Hollering going on all the time.

So yeah, there goes the thread I suppose, I was just wondering

Ok, I'll stop, Back to the Happy Tourists with Voracious Appetites,
    I know, it is very reasonable to fill that many coolers if you are here for a few weeks, AND THAT'S JUST GOOD FISHING. So, Go Get 'Em Colorado,

As for those not posting, C'mon folks it's an Internet Conversation, Every imaginable opinion available, Just try again if you caught grief. Buck Up and Join in the process, we all learn from each other unless you don't join in, right?
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Its a public resource FamilyMan so forgive the public for taking a little proprietorship over it.
    If everything is on the up and up then people should have no problem w/ disclosure.
    Have a nice weekend

Thumbs up welcome, Alaska-style

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSWA View Post
    Looking forward to seeing you this year!
    John, you are welcome here anytime; I'm an hour and a quarter north of Anchorage.

Also, if you need either a smaller or larger flatbed trailer with working lights and everything let me know and its yours for when you're here; just let me know before Dan does.

Or if you have any other needs, just yell; likely I can help; I'm pretty well outfitted here. PM me if you want my cell #, or just to say Hey.

Watch out down there on KP during that time; the bears aren't that much of a problem but I hear that a bunch of @#$%^& little schoolgirls are going to show up there on ya.

kodiakrain, my wife, 2 daughters, myself and 2 friends are on the same trip we have taken for 9 years. We all go on king salmon charters, catch reds, fish at least once for halibut/lingcod/rockfish. We end up bringing 2 coolers of fish home each year. we smoke a lot of salmon, have numerous fish fries with friends and family. all fish are caught legally and appropiate bag limits are observed. we also eat a lot of elk, deer and antelope. thanks for your concern though, Mike R.

kodiakrain, my bad, I did not take the time to read your 2nd post before replying. thank you for taking the time to understand where we are coming from. If you are ever going to be in SW COLORADO please drop me a line and come have dinner with us, probably elk but maybe fish Mike R.

Hey Colorado, thanks,
    I actually love to hear of folks coming up from southern states to Appreciate the Bounty of Alaska like you guys do,
    Man, coming up year after year, gettin' in on all the species, bringing the kids, and friends, that's very cool.

So, Welcome, and Good Fishing and traveling to you in Everyway,

Thanks for the invite, I actually did all my school years on the edge of town between Denver and Boulder ('64-'78), Love that state, might even take you up on the Elk or Trout dinner sometime.
    We used to LOVE those Brook Trout found in the Beaver Ponds way up high, what a blast that was, as kids to try to catch fish you could "actually see swimming below you in that Ice Cold water" You had to SNEAK up to the waters edge, then we'd try floating a fly down using our kids rods...... Exciting to watch 'em rise up and WHAM

Same goes for Kodiak, if you get over here, Find me at the "F/v Radiance" harbored in Dog Bay, or email me, lots of good stuff to do over here....