Thread: Riding two up in CSP

Default Riding two up in CSP

This seems like a noob question, but I was wondering if the Rangers or whatever cared about riding two up at Eklutna Lake trail? What about helmets? Ive never ridden there so Im not sure how picky they are. I dont like riding two up, but sometimes you just have to do it. Thanks.

no problem with that

My daughter and I went in last year when she was nine. We stopped and talked to two rangers while she was driving and I was on back. They had nothing bad to say and were enthralled with her story about seeing a bear 20 yards away. Both of us were wearing helmets, as you always should be
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Similar to Doug's tale..

Kids riding solo with helmets got zero notice from trooper patrolling. Son almost collided with a dune buggy around a corner.

Can still have moments of W T F on the Eklutna trail even at 25mph.

Yep..lots of W T F can happen there. When we were unloading our machines an out of control youngster (looked about 12) ran an ATC 185 into the ranger cabin. Luckily he, and the cabin, were O.K.

Still my favorite place to go with young kids and camp out. We go back to the campground at the end of the lake and turn 'em loose. We take one wheeler and make the kids ride their bikes most of the way. We just stack bikes onto the trailer behind the wheeler as they get tired and shuttle them to camp.

Quote Originally Posted by junkak View Post
    Similar to Doug's tale..

Kids riding solo with helmets got zero notice from trooper patrolling. Son almost collided with a dune buggy around a corner.

Can still have moments of W T F on the Eklutna trail even at 25mph.
    hmmmmmmm, 25mph? You would be breaking the speed limit! it's posted, 10mph.

I happen to live up there now, we ride to the end of the trail often. See a lot of people riding beyond the limits of what I would call safe, I.e. Bikers, hikers on the trail. No helmet's are required.

Here's the State's official take on this. BTW, the only time I have almost been hit on the actual trail was by a speeding mountain biker.

ATVs or small off road vehicles are allowed on two trails in the park: the Bird Creek Trail and the Eklutna Lakeside Trail. Eklutna Trail is open to ATVs Sunday through Wednesday, April 1st through November 30th only. ATVs must have safety equipment as required by state law. Operators must have a valid driver's license, or have an instruction permit and be accompanied by an adult of 18 or older, or, if under 14 years, be accompanied by an adult of 21 years or older. Please note that motorcycles are prohibited. 11 AAC 20.015, AS 28.15.011, AS 28.151