Thread: The first place that silvers show up in Prince Wm Sound

Default The first place that silvers show up in Prince Wm Sound

I know it'll be a while before the silvers come in closer to Whittier, but is there a place further out (Naked, Knight, for example) where they're generally first caught as they're on their way in? And if so, then about when would you first expect to start seeing them? Heading out this weekend out of Whittier.

South end of Montague.

We were out by Naked and Knight last weekend and I'm pretty sure there were silvers out there, but we weren't targetting them so can't say for sure if they are out there yet. It's the right time of year for them to be showing out there.

Earliest I have caught them is this time of year on the south end of Naked.

I plan on heading out of whittier this weekend also.. just need to change the oil tomorrow and pack up for the weeekend.. Shoot me a PM and I can point you in the right direction to catch loads of salmon this weekend.. Pinks, Chums reds..and some silvers.. You know of any places that a yellow eye hangs out.. I cant catch one of them for the life of me..I am a taxidermist and really want to mold and cast one for my collection.. Urgggg..

Did very well at the south tip of Knight a few years ago about this time, maybe a week from now. Lots of them jumping as well as pinks. Pretty sure there were salmon sharks around too.
    Hike faster. I hear banjo music.

got back in early this am.. took a 8 hour nap.. We limited out on Salmon.. no silvers yet.. all reds and pinks and 1 lone chum.. motored around and found our first halibut.. then slammed the copper rock fish and at 10 past midnight I caught my first yelloweye in 301 feet of water.. Sweeeeett

Hit three today, northern tip of knight island, along with 1 feeder king and 2 king hens that were getting ready to make their run (had lots of eggs - I assume they were spawners)

Two more broke off, couldnt tell what they were, but they're each now lugging around a spinner, a flasher and a deep 6 downplaner - turns out I have a sharp chipped spot one one of the poles last eyelet.
    2696 Sea Raider Pilothouse
    "Dominion"

I didn't get a chance to fish for any salmon this weekend, but I did see lots of jumpers and assume they were pinks or chum. Think I saw a salmon shark or two but they were just beneath the surface. Took a buddy fishing and we did pretty good on shrimp, rock fish (hate cleaning those suckers), and one 114-lb. halibut. Pretty snotty Sunday, so just pulled the pots and headed on in.

You saw a shark? Awwwww, My son wants to catch one of them so bad.. On Sat we saw porposis, a pod of killer whales, a pair of humpbacks but ZERO sharks... One of these times we'll find 'em.

Found a bunch on the south end of Montague this weekend, mixed with pinks as well.

Default pinks, chums and reds..

We mostly caught pinks.. and a chum and several reds.. Here is a pictures of one of the cooler looking pinks I saved.. I plan to mold and cast it, then paint it up.. add it to my collection..

pink-chum reference.jpg

Hoytguy