Thread: 4th of July Creek

Default 4th of July Creek

Does anyone know what mile marker on the Parks Highway the access point is to 4th of July Creek? If you do not want to publicaly post it please PM me. Thanks in advance.

I don't know the exact MP, but you can go to travelingluck.com and click on the creek that will give you a map and some info to creeks and nearby roads and services. With a map in hand, it is easy to pick a good access spot. Sometimes you can even see the trails. I have heard of Good things about the creek. There is also Gold in the creek, if you want to prospect it. Just about all the people that know of it, want to sell you a book or dvd about it. But I think the internet is the best way to get the word out, to people that are looking for places to fish.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Default Dvd cd

I have seen the the advertisement for the DVD and CD but have a hard time spending the dollars. Thanks for the info. I will look it up.

So there's a 4th of July creek up north too, not just Seward? Where is it?

The only fourth of July Creek I know of is on MP 5.1 of the seward Highway? Curious if there is one on the Parks too?

Quote Originally Posted by GregT View Post
    The only fourth of July Creek I know of is on MP 5.1 of the seward Highway? Curious if there is one on the Parks too?
    Actually that one is at the east end of Nash Rd. MP 5.1 will put you in the beginning of Nash Rd.

But.....Yes there is one up North along the Parks Hwy. There is also another one out at McGrath. No fish in the one at McGrath, but more gold in it, fly in only. The one on the Parks holds both fish and gold and you can drive close to it. Go to the web site I mentioned earlier for a map of where to go. Maybe someone will post up the Milepost for the Trailhead Access. I never paid attention to the Mile Marker, so I don't know the actual Mile Post.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Depending on the weather saturday I might take a leisurely drive and look for it. Might pick some blueberries too.

Blueberries allready??

My daughter brought some in from her worksite today.

Blueberries? We are planning on heading to our annual Denali hwy trip early this year. 30th for about 5 or 6 days. I wondered how the berry crop would be. Where is your daughters worksite? Up north aways? Just hoping on getting some berries and grayling but we usually go second week in august.

The water was a litle high in the midle fork of the Chulitna so we caught no fish. Her worksite is out in Tanana Flats. She also picked a bunch north of Fairbanks. The blueberries I saw towards Denali park where still green.

Isnt there a Blueberry Pickin section yet?
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Berries are ripe and big in the park. Just need to know where to go. Top of the ridge on the Triple Lakes Trail is killer right now.