Thread: Heading to Tangle on Wednesday

Searching for more cowbell!

Default Heading to Tangle on Wednesday

I'm taking the one man cat up to Tangle Lakes area for a week of 2 wt and small dry's. I hope to get the 3 YO onto about 500 grayling over the week.

Any recommended hike-in lakes within a 3 hr round trip from Tangle? I'm looking for naptime filler suggestions
    How's the Brushkana for access/ bear away from the highway?

Any help is appreciated!
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

Anchorage, Alaska, United States

Thumbs up Landmark gap

LANDMARK GAP. It is about a 2 mile hike in then you will hit the creek flowing out of the lake. If I could draw up the perfect grayling stream this is it. Gin Clean, Lots of holes behind the shallows, Grayling everywhere. June and I fished it over 4th of july. That stream is one step away from heaven my friend. One of the greatest views you will ever have. It is just about 3 miles from Tangle. Just before Rock creek is the pull out on the right. Parking up there and the trailhead. If you have a bike it would make life easier. We used 4 wheelers. There is alot of creek to work once you get there too. I have been fishing up there for 30 years and this was the first time I had gone in there. Ill be back over and over. It is worth the effort for sure
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight