Thread: Lund Alaskan Boats

Default Lund Alaskan Boats

Hi all,

How would a 20' Lund Alaskan by on most river water situtations? I would like to pick up a boat to do well in most areas.

Ron

I have an 18' Alaskan and have had it for almost 20 years. I love the boat. I have used it to take my family across Naknek Lake for long weekends as well as fishing the Naknek River and the Kvichak River. They are stable and take a beating. I researched long and hard for a boat and having spent many years traveling to 5 villages in Bristol Bay I have found that the boats preferred by people that spend more time in a boat than in any other mode of trans port have Lunds. The down side to this boat and many others with an open deck is the floatation under the deck will get waterlogged and you will pull the complete deck up to deal with it. Maybe they have delt with it but a friend has the 20' and he had to deal with it as well. If and when you do, spend the money to put diamond plate aluminum back down and it will be much easier to clean and keep the wood from becoming waterlogged as well.

They can haul a ton of stuff and handle big water, bigger than you want to be in...

George

George,

Thanks for the info.

Ron

Dave,
    Sorry I missed your call. If you get this before you get me call me after 6 pm for the next two nights...

George