Thread: Can't believe it ???

Cool Can't believe it ???

Went to Polly Creek yesterday to dig a few clams (3/4 5gal bucket is my limit) and other than a 206 picking up clams for the commercial operation I was the only one there. I take that back there was a seasport 27 navavator stranded on the beach with about 6 guys trying to dig up the entire beach where they were at. When I launched I made it a point to buzz them at about 100 ft and 160 mph. .... they loved it!

In the old days I even saw ERA twin otter dumping lots of clammers and enough other traffic to justify a a tempoary control tower. Admitedly the weather was "alaskan snotty" but it was just rain with no wind, lowest ceilings were about 1,000 ft at the point at Polly Creek. A minus 4.7 tide at about 12:00 noon should attract at least a few other planes ....

They are all packed onto the beach in Kenai dipnetting reds!

I was out there Monday and there was about 10 other airplanes and three boats all digging clams. We were able to find a nice bar to land and dig on but we didn't have free run of the place.

Drew
    Normal people believe that if something ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Scott Adams