Thread: Looking for someone to paint mystock camo

Default Looking for someone to paint mystock camo

Looking for someone with artistic skills to paint my stock camo also looking to reblue a barrel.

Thanks, Tim
    sheephunter1974@yahoo.com

Default Camo dip

I saw this on an OLN show a couple months ago:
    http://camoent.com/

Whatever it is you want to camo -- they dip it, sorta like the old-style Easter egg decorating inks, but WAY cooler.

Good Luck.

Default Bell and Carlson

Try this link to Bell and Carlson, They have a creative effects system, they have several diffent pattern's of your choice to put on your stock and or barrel/action. I havent used them but have read very good reviews on other forums.

http://www.bellandcarlson.com/

Check this out:

www.customfirearmfinishes.com

I have had 2 guns done by Les, he is great. 907-694-4440
    An unarmed person is a victim waiting to happen.

Mike has done several of my guns and some of my friends. He uses Duracoat, its not a real fancy paint job but it does the job and nobody can touch his prices. http://gunrackalaska.tripod.com/

I used the company ForeStar mentioned to do a McMillan stock I have on my 280 rem in Mossy Oak Breakup . They did a great job and I had the gun back in about 2.5 weeks although that was 2 years ago or so so their work time may be a bit different these days. This rifle has been all over the country since then and it still looks great.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by BIG 27 View Post
    Looking for someone with artistic skills to paint my stock camo also looking to reblue a barrel.

Thanks, Tim
    sheephunter1974@yahoo.com
    i know a seventeen year old kid who is an artist, and he paints airsoft guns.... i asked him to paint my charles daily 300. win mag and was blown away by the job he did!!! he painted two 270 m77 stockes for my buddy and we are both happy i gave him 75$ for mine and $100 for the two he hand painted them so they are very uniqe!! and it was good paint i havent had a problem yet!! but for $75 ill not whine if i do... i can hook you up with him if you want

Big 27,

As chuck stated, Dura Coat is a great firearms coating. Instead of reblueing, this is also an option for the entire gun! I've spayed the stuff on a few rifles and have had great luck with it. I've usually stuck with solid colors like: stone grey, and olive drab. But from what I understand......there are stensil kits available with various patterns from tiger stripe.......to the digital. The first rifle that I sprayed didnt turn out too great, the durability of this coating more than made up for it! My problem was with the cheap detail gun that I had. I eventually took the advice of an accomplished gun smith and bought a better gun. To spray the stuff only requires a tiny air compressor. Some claim dura-coat to be one of the greatest firearms finishes out there.