Thread: August 6, Looking for a ride out of whittier.

Default August 6, Looking for a ride out of whittier.

My partner and I are wanting to find a ride to Culross Island on the weekend of August 6th to deer hunt. If anyone is going out that way anyway and wants to cash in on us we would greatly appreciate it. We would be bringing back no more than one deer a piece and ideally we would be camping overnight. PM if you are going to be out that weekend or know someone who is.

My buddy and I are overnighting in/around herring bay on knight island, we're leaving friday evening the 6th and coming back saturday evening with the intention of being at Whittier dock by 7PM. Culross island is on the way, we could drop you off and pick you up.

Only problem is I dont have a dinghy yet, I can fit up to a 10 foot inflatable on the roof if you have one. If you (or anybody else) know of a good sand or pebble beach or of good offloading point I'd be willing to drop you off & pick you up.

My boats a deep V pilot house and has plenty of room for deer and gear.
    2696 Sea Raider Pilothouse
    "Dominion"

I'm interested. That sounds pretty good. Are you planning on going through the passage or around the east side of the island? I dont know of any particular beaches, but I found one pretty easy the one time I jet skied through there (long story). We could work something out I'm sure.