Thread: Stohlquist bPod vs Palm Silver Semi-Dry

Default Stohlquist bPod vs Palm Silver Semi-Dry

Anyone have any experience with these suits? I think the Palm is slightly lighter? Primary use will be backpacking and packrafting. Not sure why the Palm is a "semi-dry". I think b/c of the neoprene neck gasket? The Palm can be had for a pretty good price new online.

Thanks for any advice.

Default Stohlquist

I have a Stohlquist and can talk about that.
    I like it for packrafting, it rolls up to about a size of a small thermarest and keeps me very dry and warm. And I got it for a great price. The only thing I don't like about it, is the gore-tex intergrated feet. I am afraid of walking for long periods of time with the suit on and wearing a hole in the feet part.

Also, I got the option of the tunnel to fit over the spray skirt to keep some of the water out of my raft, and it works, but it can be a pain in the butt sometimes.

thanks for the info. i guess they are both "semi-dry" b/c of the neoprene neck gasket, although i have heard that the stohlquist is pretty dry at the neck. anyone have experience with the palm silver? i tried to look up weights on the two, but couldn't even find that. i don't plan on doing a lot of swimming, so i don't think the "semi-dry" neoprene neck gasket will be an issue.

I don't know anything about these two suits, but I do like neoprene neck gaskets. They are more comfortable than latex, and less likely to rip out on you. They can leak a bit, but it's not enough to worry about at all, even if you do swim in one.

I have a Stohlquist from the first year they offered it.. I saw a new one and it looks like the neck gasket has evolved a little since then, but fwiw, I love the suit, however the neck gasket is kinda tight for my thick neck, and doesn't seem to stretch out... Might want to find one to try on first, especially if there are different neck sizes avail?