Thread: Sharatin Bay

Default Sharatin Bay

Does anyone have a advice or experience hunt bear in sharatin bay. I won the draw for next spring and I am just looking for some intel on the area. I know that a lot of the land is native corp. Any info would be heplful. thanks in advance.

Take snowshoes. I hunted two across the bay two years ago and there was a lot of snow left. Waist deep in places. I have this hunt for this fall. Hopefully I will connect this time. I know of two small bears taken this spring there.

Congrats on your draw! I hunted Sharatin Bay this spring - here's a link to the story of that hunt - http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...rown-Bear-hunt

I was fortunate to connect on a small bear and we had a great hunt.

I agree with snowshoes. We had them and were prepared to use then, but as it turned out, the bear came to us. We set up camp at the head of Sharatin Bay and that worked well. But, we were prepared to set up on the west side of Kizhuyak Bay (out of my hunting area) and glass across the bay into my area. We had a small boat so we could go across if we wanted to stalk a bear. You do need to have the permits to cross Native land if you take this option. Access Permits are available over the phone with a credit card if you have a sat phone.

The Afognak Native Corp is located in the museum next door to F&G in Kodiak. They were very helpful in explaining the access permits process.

Good luck!
    English is an odd language. It can understood through tough thorough thought, though.

Thanks for info. Congrats on your hunt.

there is an active guide inside kizuyak bay as well that you'll see each day more than likely...
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212