Thread: Two Thumbs Up for Camp Abilities!

Default Two Thumbs Up for Camp Abilities!

Tonight (July 13th) the Northwest Archers Assoc. and Black Sheep Bowmen hosted kids from the Camp Abilities for an evening of archery at Kincaid Park. Camp Abilities ( is a developmental camp for kids ages 9-19 who are blind or visually impaired. The kids and their coaches did awesome! What a joy watching the kids hit the targets and pop balloons. You'd be amazed how many 10 rings were hit! It sure puts a new perspective on archery. I think the highlight of the night for me was having one young lady asking if she could return for the kids archery class NAA hosts each Saturday at the park.

I was down at the Kincaid range this evening and had a pleasant experience that I thought warranted bringing up this old post. As I was walking back to my vehicle two younger gentlemen just leaving the parking lot carrying bows stopped me and asked for directions to the range. As I was providing directions I noticed the one fella had his bow in one hand and a walking stick in another. I recognized him as one of the visually impaired kids from the Camp Abilities archery class NWA hosted last summer. What a wonderful experience to meet a young person who was not letting their impairment stop them from enjoying archery! I sure hope they become regulars at the range.