Thread: Seward or Homer Kayak Trip for Newbies

Default Seward or Homer Kayak Trip for Newbies

My wife has been interested about taking a guided Sea Kayak trip. I am trying to plan a fishing trip out of Seward or Homer one day, then we can Kayak the other day. Any recommendations of people to talk to at either location. Just want her to have a good time/experience. Thanks for the help

I'd do Homer the kayaking is some of the best across from the spit, you can get dropped off also and paddle back.

Any specific company you would recommend down there?

For a nice day trip kind of thing, Sunny Cove Kayak Co. in Seward is great. Nice folks and decent boats. There are several folks that will take you out in a boat and drop you off for a few days. These folks could tell you who would do that. Been wanting to do that myself.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Millers landing does both drop off & guided trips. They can alos take care of you fishing as well. 224-5739

We spent the enitre summer in Seward last year and it was great, but for kayaking I would go with Homer. Get with HomerDave on this forum to help you out or google Ashore water taxi and call Dave.

Just got back a few hours ago, had a nice Kayak Trip out of Homer. I think my wife is hooked now. Thanks for the help

For a nice day trip kind of thing, Sunny Cove Kayak Co. in Seward is great. Nice folks and decent boats. There are several folks that will take you out in a boat and drop you off for a few days. These folks could tell you who would do that. Been wanting to do that myself. We spent the enitre summer in Seward last year and it was great, but for kayaking I would go with Homer. Get with HomerDave on this forum to help you out or google Ashore water taxi and call Dave. My wife has been interested about taking a guided Sea Kayak trip. I am trying to plan a fishing trip out of Seward or Homer one day, then we can Kayak the other day. Any recommendations of people to talk to at either location. Just want her to have a good time/experience. Thanks for the help .