Thread: Florida Fisherman looking for tips to tite lines

Boca Raton, Florida

Default Florida Fisherman looking for tips to tite lines

Hey everyone, great site. Looking at some pics, and licking my chops. My wife and I are coming up to the Kenai Penn. from the 18th through 30th.(did it last year, had a BLast!!) We're experienced offshore/reef fishermen, spin, conventional, and I fly cast. We catch dolphin, tuna, king mackeral, sails, snapper. What I'm getting at is that we're both pretty comfortable with a rod and reel, and we're hoping for some tips to put us on some fish. We're planning on doing Seward for a halibut/coho trip, Homer for the same, and the Russian river confluence for reds(25-27th). Some questions I have: Can we get into coho's from land in Seward or Homer, and where, and which lures to use. (I'm wondering if we should focus on halibut for the charter trips if we can get into cohos on our own). Would we be better off doing Homer in the front-end of the trip, or Seward (does it matter?) And does anyone know of any lakes or rivers to get into some rainbows around Seward, or on the way to Seward? Either pull offs, or a little further off-we don't mind a little hike-I'm packing a 44. Thanks a ton, any and all info is really appreciated.

2nd and third weeks of July in Seward has excellent fishing. Depending on the charter you will be able to bag halibut, lingcod, cohos, and assorted rockfish. You`ll be spoiled by the coho fishing in Seward. Homer will always have Halibut so that can wait. Silvers IIRC, will not be very accessible from shore in Homer in your time-frame. Anchor River may see some but it`s been years so I`m not sure on the Homer/Anchor timing.
    Quite a few trailheads From Anchorage...Turnagain Pass, Johnson Pass, Moose Pass, and many more on the way to Seward.

Wasilla, Alaska

the homer lagoon "may be" showing silvers then