Thread: Burkeshore Marina Big Lake

Default Burkeshore Marina Big Lake

Is it safe/possible to launch a 30' aluminum boat from the launch at Burkeshore Marina? Then just motor around Big Lake and do some engine runs? I talked to the Marina, and they said boats that size launch out of there. I used to run my Aire cataraft out of there, but never thought much of it as a bigger boat lake. Thanks.

I take my 24-ft boat there every spring to check her out. Ramp and lake is plenty big for a 24-footer and I'm sure a 30-footer would do just fine. Burkshore has (still does?) sold 28-ft boats there and I'm sure they've taken them out on the lake plenty of times.

I have launched my 26 foot boat there. It has almost 3 foot of draft with the engines down, and I didn't have any issues. Mine is also a catamaran, which rides way higher on the trailer than most v-hulls. When retreiving my boat, I have to put the trailer way into the water...but had no issues at Burkshore launching or retreiving.

I would suspect you would do just fine. What is the draft of your boat? That would be the big question, as there is plenty of dock there as long as it is deep enough for you.

AkBillyBow
    2007 Glacier Bay Cat 2690 Coastal Runner, Twin Honda 150's

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Is it safe/possible to launch a 30' aluminum boat from the launch at Burkeshore Marina? Then just motor around Big Lake and do some engine runs? I talked to the Marina, and they said boats that size launch out of there. I used to run my Aire cataraft out of there, but never thought much of it as a bigger boat lake. Thanks.
    Yes you can. I launch my 2859 every year out there but....do walk the dock and see where the end of the ramp is and have someone watch so as not drop your axles over the edge especially on retrival.