Thread: Browning .375H&H A-Bolt Stainless Stalker

Default Browning .375H&H A-Bolt Stainless Stalker

I would like to hear what people have to say about this rifle particularly from people who owns this gun.

Circle, AK.

Default stainless stalker

I have the stainless stalker in 338 winmag, haven't had a problem yet and it's quite accurate. I like the short bolt throw as it makes for a quicker follow-up shot too.

Anchorage, Alaska

I have several Stainless Stalkers. One is a SS I in .375 H&H, and the others are two SS II's in .30-06. I am a fan. I have had excellent accuracy and reliability from these rifles. Like ThunderChickenI, I like the short bolt handle lift (60 degree). I also like the hinged floor plate, box magazine, smooth action, locking bolt when the safety is on, palm swell on the II, and consistent reliability. My .375 H&H has been with me for a dozen years or so, and has logged many long hunting trips in the Alaskan field without failure. It is my "go to" rifle each fall. Now, just to be fair, I have heard other guys relentlessly bad mouth the Stainless Stalkers, claiming that they fall apart in their hands and don't have controlled feed reliability, etc. Personally, I have never short stroked the push feed SS and I don't get the falling apart in the field stuff, but that's ok. I am thankful that I live in a country where we have choices in rifles. My choice is the Stainless Stalker over some of the typical other flavors out there. However, that's not to say that I'd turn my back on a Sako or Dakota...
    Good luck, sir.