Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Question regarding EO's and Valley streams

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Posts
    690

    Default Question regarding EO's and Valley streams

    So according to the EO shutting down fishing for kings in a lot of the mat-su valley streams, can you still fish below the highway friday-say for rainbows and grayling? I know 1/2 mile up from the road everyday is open, but what about below the highway?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Posts
    690

    Default

    Found my own answer....

    All Parks Highway streams in Unit 2 of the Susitna River such as Willow, Sheep, Montana, and many other creeks, were closed on July 2 to fishing for all species in waters previously open to king salmon fishing. For example, anglers may still fish for rainbows upstream of the Parks Highway on Willow Creek.

  3. #3
    Member supern8inak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Palmer
    Posts
    108

    Default

    My buddy was ticketed Saturday for fishing in the Willow for Rainbows/Grayling.

  4. #4
    Member kenaibow fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,039

    Default

    you can fish for bows in all unit 2 streams about the bridge, in montana it has to be 1/2 mile up stream from the mouth.

  5. #5
    Member bigcox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kotzebue, Alaska
    Posts
    1,397

    Default

    From the EO:

    This emergency order closes the Parks Highway streams (Unit 2 of the Susitna River Drainage) to sport
    fishing for all finfish species and the Little Susitna River in the Knik Arm Drainage Area to fishing for king
    salmon effective at 11:00 p.m., Friday, July 2, 2010, through 11:59 p.m., Tuesday, July 13, 2010. Waters in
    Unit 2 that are normally open to king salmon fishing that are now closed to sport fishing for all finfish
    species include: Willow, Little Willow, Greys, Kashwitna, Caswell, Sheep, Montana, Goose, Sunshine,
    Birch, Trapper, and Rabideux creeks, and all flowing waters of the Susitna River from the confluence with
    the Deshka River upstream to the confluence with the Talkeetna River.

    Couldn't fish it at all until Midnight tonight.

    Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...


    http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

  6. #6

    Default

    It is wide open now!!!. Time to hit the Rainbows, before the Silvers arrive. Every one of the creeks mentioned in the EO hold excellent Rainbows. Nothing better than Fresh Trout in a skillet.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •