Thread: pedersoli

Default pedersoli

Did a search, couldnt find much on this make... does anyone have any experince with pedersoli muzzleloaders?? Im interested in the single barrel rifles mostly. There is a Canadian Co. that sells them so for me they are one of the easiest to get. On the double gun pedersoli makes, are they accurate? and what about the 2nd bullet moving after the first is fired??

I've got several, and among my shooting buds there are several more. In fact Cabela's Blue Ridge rifles are just relabelled Pedersoli Frontiers. They're good solid guns, perhaps a little overpriced compared to Lymans, but with a much larger selection to choose from. I'd happily buy another, but probably wait till I could find the model used in order to beat the price. I can say for sure that mine are both accurate and reliable.

I only have limited experience with the double rifles. My only "beef" with them is that they have twin rear sights rather than regulating the barrels to hit the same POI. Lots of folks have replaced the doubles with a single and done their own regulating through load development. I know others who sight in one barrel for closer and the second for further, so they really appreciate the two sights.

As for bullet movement, that only appears to be an issue with loose fitting bullets like undersized minies. If you get a tight fitting bullet, whether as-cast, paper patched or wrapped in teflon plumbing tape (very popular with some match shooters), there's no issue with movement, especially if you only fire one barrel, then press on the load in the second barrel as a matter of course while reloading the first barrel. I used to do that all the time with my double 12 gauge (an old Navy Arms, though I've heard really good things about the Pedersoli double shotguns). If I was going to see movement of the load in a second barrel I'd certainly have seen it in the shotgun with its looser fit, but it didn't happen. I suppose if I just kept shooting only one barrel and never retamped the second, I could have made it happen, but....

Thanks BB figured you would have some experience with them. I hadnt heard of the plumbers tape trick.... know one bullet i will try it with. If you get a chance go to marstars canada and look at some of their stuff, they get some pretty neat blackpowder stuff in.

I have a double 10ga from dixie gun works made by pedersoli. You'd be amazed at how many bp's are relabled pedersolis.

I love my double but am dissappointed in the fact we had to rework the sears, rework the hammers replace the nipples. Being new to the BP scene it lead to a spring of dissappointing turkey hunting to say the least. Once things were lined up things got MUCH better. My barrels were poorly regulated, it's afairly simple fix atleast on the shotguns, though I opted not to scrap the muzzle to help push the pattern one way or the other. Main reason was my cyl bore just doesnt throw a tight enough pattern to warrent it...maybe once I get a better pattern I'll tweak it's impact.

overall i would rate them on the low end of qaulity...but for the price they are nice, thats if you dont mind having to do some mods if needed, you may get lucky and need none!

I too own a double barrel Pedersoli shotgun. Have had it since the 1970's. I also own one of their Sharps rifles, good shooter. Cabela's has a really nice looking Hawken rifle too. Jim