Thread: Performance Yamaha in Wasilla...

Default Performance Yamaha in Wasilla...

Just wanted to put in a plug for our local Yamaha dealer. I'm picking up my wife's 07 Big Bear 400 this evening. They have been very helpful, and have gone above and beyond for us. I wanted the winch and snowplow, and found out that because of the change to independent rear suspension for 07, there is not currently a mount available for the 07 Big Bear. Instead of just telling us that there was no plow available, Performance Yamaha had the 06 mounting bracket modified to fit at a fabrication shop and didn't charge us anything extra. They are great people to work with. If you're in the market for a Yamaha, I highly recommend them.

Default Performance Yamaha

Congratulations on getting good service.

I took my old Big Bear in there almost a year ago for a tuneup. It sat for 2 weeks and when I called for an update, I got the excuse they couldn't get it started because of a dead battery, so it hadn't been serviced. They might have used the recoil start as well.

I authorized a new battery and several days later, they still hadn't worked on it. When I went to pick it up with a new battery, suddenly, they had time to work on it, but that was too little, too late.

Ben at Performance Yamaha goes beyond his ability to make sure you leave as a happy customer. I've been in there numerous times since buying my '07 Yamaha YFZ-450 and he has helped me every time.

Yep - Ben is the same guy I dealt with. I agree - He's got excellent customer service skills.

Default Performance Yamaha

Doesn't sound like I dealt with Ben on my visits........ but then I didn't buy my machine there either......

Yeah, I've often had bad experiences with dealer service departments. I guess the sales staff have more to lose by extending poor service. I tend to do the majority of maintenance work myself for that reason. Sometimes even when the warranty is in effect. My wife will have to try out their service department though. At least for the first service on the Big Bear.

Have to give more props to Ben @ Performance Yamaha. He has busted his ass to get my Terracross Tire problems fixed on my Rhino. He hooked me up! Did so good, we just bought a new 700 Grizzly SE from him as well. He made me the best deal around. Go see Ben, Josh, and JP. They will treat you right. Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!

AKMuddy

2007 Yamaha Rhino 660: 26" Terracross', 14" Series 7 wheels, JStrong Hard Top, 4x55 watt PIAA, JStrong Folding windshield, Full/Half doors, Neoprene Seat Covers, RhinoGear Heater, Multi-winch mount, 3K Warn Winch, GPS mount, 2x Cup Holders (Coming Soon: Marine Stereo/MP3/CD player and Speakers)
    2007 Yamaha Grizzly SE 700fi w/EPS: 26" Mudlites, 12" SS106 wheels, hand guards, front rack removed.

All the above posts are correct I've bought 3 wheelers from them and I'm in there all the time getting parts and know all the guys. Good place!
    That said I've been screwed around in that service department also. So I'll believe anything anybody says about having to wait a long time for minor stuff sometimes. No dealer is perfect and things happen sometimes I guess. Overall it's a great place though.
    AKsoldier- when I helped my buddy buy a 07 BB last month they told us the first (or any) service is not free. The first one is $200

Default Beware

As a military dude who was new to the area and ATVing I went into Performance Yamaha blind...the salesman sold me some great upgrade tires for my 400 Kodiak that would "get me through anything I came across"...for only $325...turned out to be some stock rhino takeoffs...then he kept my take offs for some other knucklehead looking to upgrade his stock tires...beware...I know not all the dudes who work there are that way but as I became a little more educated it truly pissed me off...

Will agree ,Everytime I" WENT" in there for a part any bike shop should have
    ( RINGS) it's the well we have to order it and it will a week or so till we get it..

So here is the place I order all my Yamaha parts , They have online parts photos so you know what you need along with the price and if it is in stock .And if I order on Monday morning its at the house Wed. Thursday at the latest And they give you a 20% discount if you order online

http://www.powerpartsplus.com/pages/parts/home.aspx
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Default Jp,Josh,and Ben

Ben is alright, Jp is alright Josh is great. Ive been friends with Josh since highschool, and when he worked at south port marina I went there to buy my boat where Jp helped me cus he worked there also. It was a great experience, and all was good UNTIL...... Now there both at performance, and Josh doesn't work parts anymore cus he's in the shop now wich is a huge loss for them customer service wise. I bought a boat from JP again just this year, and the experience was just the opposite. I was in a rush cus I was moving, and if I could do it again I would go somewhere else. Overpriced, and took 2 weeks longer than they said to put the thing together for me. I didn't notice how many dings, and scratches it had till It was to late. I even know the owner pretty well, and STILL got treated this way.