Thread: When did...

Arrow When did...

serrated edge blades become legal? I just looked at the regs & it's no longer verboten...

When were they ever "not legal"?
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

I remember correctly they weren't legal 'bout 5 years ago...If I ain't mistaken...

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

barbed.. were not, are not, have not, will not...never has been anything about serated

now you want to talk interesting....

go into the bowhunting section on adfg... and look at the definaitions..... lighted knocks are not https://secure.wildlife.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=regulations.bowhunting
    NOT use electronic devices or light attached to the bow, arrow, or arrowhead with the exception of a non-illuminating camera.

NOT use scopes or other devices attached to the bow or arrow for optical enhancement.

NOT use any mechanical device that anchors a nocked arrow at full or partial draw unaided by the bowhunter
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

knapped stone head were illegal for awhile but serrated "metal heads have always been legal as far as i can recall
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Vince, page 20 of the 2010-2011 hunting regulations says (with the exception of a non-illuminating camera or a lighted nock on the end of the arrow.)

there is nothing saying serrated edges are illegal on that page Vince posted.

If thats the case I know a ton of stickbow guys shooting file sharpened broadheads that are illegal! I dont think anyone who shoots them will question they arent sharp OR serrated due to the file sharpening techniqe. I prefer a smooth lansky edge only because my file sharpening skills STINK LOL.

I also believe due to the definition of broadhead that knapped heads are legal on all game. They have been for a few years now, cant remember when they changed from 'metal cutting edges' to 'sharp cutting edges'. If I remember right it was 02 or 01. I know due to the rule, I tried knapping in 02, talk about painful in many more ways then one. Found glass shards for months shew!

That page Vince linked is not the current regs. Lighted nocks are now LEGAL. I'm going to send an email to them so they will update that link.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by akdd View Post
    Vince, page 20 of the 2010-2011 hunting regulations says (with the exception of a non-illuminating camera or a lighted nock on the end of the arrow.)
    thats what i thought... was surprised to NOT see it when i opened the bow hunting page...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here