Thread: Dall River Video

Default Dall River Video

Hey guys, take a look at the video from the dall. It was a great trip with lots of action on top water. In the day we (Helmuth and I) fished we brought over 30 fish to hand with the largest pushing 34". The average size fish was 30".

Flies: large divers were the ticket but their life span was only about one fish. I was using a large white and red diver and after the first fish all you could see if red elk hair floating on the surface.

Tackle: buzz bait and jitter bug were the go to guys.

The horse flies were on steroids. I got bite by something and my leg looked like it belonged to andre the giant. It was pretty nasty but only lasted for the day before subsiding.

Enjoy and let me know what you think,

Richie

Ha! That's awesome...how I do love top water strikes. When the fish torpedo out of their hidey-hole and beeline toward your lure you can't help but feel a little bit of adrenaline. Makes me want to bring all my bass fishing gear out of retirement and go to work on some pike! Well done.

Top water is a blast, great song too....where's that river at?
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

AF EOD, I hear you. My fly rod has been at bat for the past 10 years so I had to knock the dust off the bass tackle. Raptor, the river is off the Yukon. Nice regs are in place to keep it a trophy fishery.

Is it road accessable or a fly in? I used to fish pike a lot back in the midwest and would love to have a good day with some water wolfs.
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

Raptor- Run the Yukon up 26 miles from the bridge and hang a left and you'll be there.

oooooooowweeeeeeeeee!! Makes me want to go back to the Dall ASAP! Great video! Thanks for posting! Rep for choice of music too :-)

akiceman, get on back up there man. The fishing was great and we never had to go sub-surface to go after them. Someone needs to come up with a buzzbait that is pike proof because the life expectancy of a buzzbait on the dall isn't very long

Quote Originally Posted by Richie View Post
    akiceman, get on back up there man. The fishing was great and we never had to go sub-surface to go after them. Someone needs to come up with a buzzbait that is pike proof because the life expectancy of a buzzbait on the dall isn't very long

I was there about 2 months ago and tried spoons and rapalas but yea had much better luck with topwater too. Crazy crawlers, buzz baits, gitter bugs, but my favorite was a 10 inch topwater musky plug. The one on the bottom in this link.

http://m.ebay.com/Pages/ViewItem.asp...pwater&emvcc=0

-akiceman25