Thread: Been here a year...

Default Been here a year...

I pulled into town a July 12, 2009. My year of drooling at everyone hunting and fishing is done. My wife and I plan on being buried in AK, so will go and get my licenses tomorrow. Can't wait.

Fishing looks to be pretty hot right now, and it's time to start planning for hunts. :-)
    Anything going on hunting right now?
    I believe I missed all the draws, anything else I should think about while I'm starting to read the regs?

coming from Calif, the regs here are a LOT different. I have to read some of them a couple of times before I understand what they mean.

thanks,
    steve

The only hunting going on right now to speak of is caribou up the Haul Road. If you are an IBEP certified bowhunter, you could run up there and try your hand at stalking a caribou. It is less buggy and arguably more productive in August and September, though. July is a good month to pull gear together, study the regs, go the range, study the regs again, do some training hikes and scouting trips, and study the regs again. If you were in SouthCentral I'd offer to sit down with you and talk ideas, but hopefully you can find someone in your area to talk with.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

what brian said.... and July is also time for buying guns, bows wheelers, and getting to know the country... want to try your hand at bow hunting steve? come on over... the boy is in archery camp this week so the evenings are spent with his new bow getting it tuned and him adjusted... and me showing him how at 60 yards.... july is also for kicking sickos out of bed so that you got time to go play
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Brian, thanks for the info. My calendar is now FULL.

hahahahaa. thanks vince. may take you up on it. i have to see how many arrows i have. My compound isn't new, but it shoots. lol

My kids brought my wheeler up (Kodiak 400), now i have to get it running.

I'm getting closER to being dialed in. Once the quad is running, it's on to loads for the .325 wisbang and the .45-70's. Oh, and i have to do the bow test...

I LOVE living up here. If I can shake this bug, I'll give you a call this week Vince. Thanks for the offer!!

steve