Lots of discussion on the new upgrade in here, so I thought I'd clarify a few things about the upgrade to VB4.
We really didn't have a choice. The software has been upgraded and we need to stay ahead of the curve. The update has been out long enough for us to be sure it's as stable as can be expected. Support for the old software will wane over time and we need to keep current.
Here is a short list of some of the other reasons for the change:
- Security enhancements (decreases vulnerability)
- Ability to add new features / VBulletin products (enhancement for members)
- Cross-content search functions across forums and other products (enhancement for members)
- Streamlined ability to enhance our page layouts (site management benefit)
- Better ad placement (benefit to site support structure)
- Sharing of attachments between forums and other VBulletin products (decreases server load)
Hopefully that makes sense to everyone?
That said, feel free to post your technical issues and concerns here in the Forum Tips and our IT folks will address them. Keeping them here simplifies their job and speeds up the solution to the issues...
Thanks for your patience!