Thread: Bibler Bipod Bivy

Default Bibler Bipod Bivy

I have been looking into bivy bags. Does anyone have any experience with the Bibler Bipod Bivy. I have read everything I can find on the net. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Default yes

I've used the Bibler bipod biv.
    Its a great shelter that can take a load of abuse and keep you warm, dry and alive in stuff that others cannot take.
    Its really all the hardcore solo sheeper needs when it comes down to it.

The toddtex single wall fabric will hold condensation big time if its not vented properly.
    All Biblers need proper venting or they get damp inside.

Frank

Default Thanks Frank

I appreciate the input.

Bibler makes top quality tents and bivy sacks, but you should also look at Outdoor Research! I have their Advanced bivy that includes the two hoops and netting! I've spent many nights mountaineering in mine and have always stayed dry. I think it's about 40 oz. and around $250

Wyatt

Default OR

OR has just released two new bivies that are lighter as well if weight is an issue ... I've been trying to research them but not much actual experience is out there yet ... One is the same material they have used in the past ... the other is Pertex Endurance ... guess I'll just have to wait and see ...

Wyatt,

I was looking at the OR Advanced, one question I hope you can answer. Is the screen attached around the hooded area? It looks as if it hangs from the top. How easy is it get in and out of? Unfortuantely, I have not seen many of these questions or answers anywhere online about the OR Advanced Bivy. That was one I had been looking at as well. Thanks, Andrew

The OR Advanced Bivy is a 3 zipper system! The smallest zipper is on the lower portion and is used to completely remove the netting from the bivy (I never use this zipper.) The main zipper closes the top and bottom together for wet weather. The 3rd zipper seals the netting when you want a view outside or just want more airflow! When you climb into the bag, the netting is laying on the floor, not above you, so no you don't get hung up climbing in! The top hoop also has 2 snap positions! One allows the lid to fold down completely and the other helps keep the lid open for stargazing! They aren't the roomiest, but they do work and are lightweight! About the only issue I ever have with using a bivy is where do you put your pack when it's raining or snowing hard !

Wyatt
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wyatt, thanks again. This is the value in these forums.