Thread: C180 down in Mackenzie but nopt out!

Question C180 down in Mackenzie but nopt out!

Whelp my bud is down in Mackenzie with bad mag. He'll make it tho Ha!

After he arrives, where is a few places we can wheel land and do some fishing. Just a few places.

I've flown into Illiamna and fished the Newhalen..That's fun alright but looking for a 2-3 others not to far away.

Wld prob do King Salmon but prob need floats there.

Thanks

Rick

Seldovia is a cool place to spend a day....
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Kustatan. Newhalen. MacArthur. Kvichak/Igiugig.

Smile

Thanks FP & pid,

I'll look 'em and see where there at.

Later...

Keep the shiny side up Ha!>

Rick

Kvichak was thick with fish last Sunday. A great place to fish but a long trip.
    The Newhalen is fast water and not quite as easy to fish but fun nontheless.
    MacAurther had two guides working it this year for Kings and now appears to have the same guys setting up for Silvers. A real shame that it's gotten so popular. Be very careful landing there, the sand has dried out and there are sucker/sink holes that appear in spots. There were two planes badly damaged down there last year that I know of. Big tires and good judgement are almost mandatory (Especially the judgement, everywhere)
    The Kuskatan is another great Silver fishery except that now too, the guides are setting up there and actually advertising it. Should still be room though.
    Lots of opportunities all over this beautiful place for someone with a little creativity and a sense of adventure.

Default Grizzly 1

Quote Originally Posted by RocketRick View Post
    Whelp my bud is down in Mackenzie with bad mag. He'll make it tho Ha!

After he arrives, where is a few places we can wheel land and do some fishing. Just a few places.

I've flown into Illiamna and fished the Newhalen..That's fun alright but looking for a 2-3 others not to far away.

Wld prob do King Salmon but prob need floats there.

Thanks

Rick
    You don't need floats for King Salmon, but you may have to fish from the bank.

The Chuitt River, just across the water and down a couple minutes from Anchorate (and just before you hit Tyonek) used to be pretty good for some of the salmon. Good rainbow, if you walk upstream a little way.

Con't forget Ninilchik, either. Or the Little Susitna, Lake Creek, and a few others . . .

Good fishing - - - - - - and, BE CAREFUL !!!