Thread: Regulations unclear. Where can I use treble hooks on my lures without violating rules

Default Regulations unclear. Where can I use treble hooks on my lures without violating rules

The regs are very unclear... I've been reading them and when I called the AKF&G office, the person who answered didn't know either. So I'm going to ask here. I really don't want to violate any rules, being this is my first trip to AK.

Here are my questions;

In Resurrection Creek, can I use lures between the dates of July 20-27th? Am i limited to a single 3/8 gap single hook on these lures or are treble hooks ok?

On the Russian, it is fly fishing only, correct? Portions of the Kenia/Confluence area are open to artifical lures and flies, correct? But artificial lures must be single hook, barb-less with 3/8" gap.. also correct?

Like I said, I've read the regs for months now and some things dont make sense.

For the time that you will be fishing at Resurrection creek you are good to go using lures with treble hooks. As for the Russian river, it is fly fishing only with hook 3/8" gap, no artificial lures to include beads. Beads must be attached to the hook to be considered a fly and you don't have to pinch your barbs, but for safety I would pinch them down. It makes it a lot easier to pull out when that fly pops out of a fish and sticks in you. Tight lines.
    Only those that can see the invisible can do the impossible.

thanks Riverman