OTF is going to be in the 130-150 Range; that could mean some awesome fishing this coming weekend given that Mr. Fox will be conservative with issuing EO's (yeah, right). But if it can hold on; we could be in for some good to great dipping this coming weekend!
As a side bar, there are a couple of old salts that are nay-saying my use of the OTF as an indicator of good fishing. I would like to remind them that I use it as a COMPONENT of my forecasting formula and I factor in EO's, Tides and Weather as the other ingredients and make my assessments once I've juggled all the data.
I DID get gigged on my last forecast but only because I didn't check the hotline AFTER it played with the recording "there not likely be an EO issued..." (I should have checked it and saved the gas and cash).
Anyways. The weather is favorable at this point and the tides are not ideal but can play in our favor coupled with the winds from the South West. In fact, the winds are supposed to be from the Southwest ALL WEEK:
Tonight...SW wind 30 kt except SW 15 kt N of Kalgin Island. Seas 6 ft except 3 ft N of Kalgin Island. Patchy fog. .Mon...SW wind 20 kt...except S 15 kt N of Kalgin Island. Seas 3 ft. Patchy fog. .Mon night...SW wind 20 kt. Seas 4 ft. .Tue and Tue night...SW wind 25 kt. Seas 5 ft. .Wed...S wind 15 kt. Seas 4 ft. .Thu...SW wind 20 kt. Seas 4 ft. .Fri...SW wind 15 kt. Seas 3 ft.
My bet is to head down on Thursday night if you dip the Kasilof and that there will likely be decent numbers of fish in the Kenai as well; given that the OTF holds up in the triple digits from today. By my previous years of watching the OTF, it takes about 3-5 days (sometimes more if the weather is snotty) to reach the beach.