Thread: so does the new soft ware fix this?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Question so does the new soft ware fix this?

Premium memberships are the second level of paid memberships. The fee is $65 / year. These members help support the operation of the Alaska Outdoors Forums. You get all the goodies of the Supporting Membership plus a substantial boost in PM space, gallery space, and unlimited photos in forum posts. You can also move your own threads
    kind of curoius as that still has never been part of the paid memberships yet...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    kind of curoius as that still has never been part of the paid memberships yet...
    Good question, Vince. I wasn't intimately involved in the actual setup of the Premium Memberships, so I'm not sure how the settings were made. My understanding is that the above feature refers to photos hosted elsewhere such as Picasa or Photobucket. It is a software limitation that only two attachments can be posted at a time. I'm not sure that this feature can be adjusted.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

well when i click on the post pic from another URL it gives me an " invalid file" message

same applies to when i try to paste the URL from one of my albums here.

and the albums are hard to find now... they are not readily accessible from the user cp or the profile page....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Hi Vince,

It's an interpretation issue... "Unlimited photos in forum posts" does not mean an unlimited number of pics in a given post, but an unlimited number of photos a member can post in our forums. Unpaid members have a cap on the number of pics they can post in our forums, and we lifted that restriction for Premium Members. We're not trying to be sneaky here, we are limited by the software in how many pics we can allow per post though.

Hope it makes sense?

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

k well that makes sence mike some of the other V bulliten forums will allow many pics per post where ours is limited to 4 including smileys......

but currently cannot post any since the upgrade

meet on face book here

Works for me

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    [IMG]ht
    tp://homepage.univie.ac.at/horst.prillinger/blog/p3/moose-1.jpg[/IMG]

Works for me
    did you do that with the insert image link on the
    control panle for reply?

meet on face book here

moose-1.jpg
    did you do that with the insert image link on the
    control panle for reply?
    Sure did that time... Normally when I copy from Pbucket I just copy the correct img string and paste it directly into the reply box

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    moose-1.jpg

Sure did that time... Normally when I copy from Pbucket I just copy the correct img string and paste it directly into the reply box

Add an Image

Upload ImageFrom Computer From URL Add an Image from your computer

Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    Upload File(s)

File
    Size

• X

Total Size: 0
    Files: 0

Basic
    Uploader
    Select Files
    Upload File(s)
    Clear List

Add an Image from Url

Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    URL: Retrieve remote file and reference locally

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...chmentid=29246

when i use the kik link it still says invalid file.... message from web page

meet on face book here

this time i typed the [img][/img]

meet on face book here

Aaawwww Vince, you can't do that whithout telling us what the heck that is in the pic, a Monster Squirrel (?) or just a Fbks squirrel?

Mike what is the total allowable amt of pics for regular members? Is there a point where I won't be able to post pics anymore without advancing my membership level?

Also I have had trouble with photobucket pictures as I am discovering the "Percent" sign changes to something like &#37 when I hit post reply. Something I am pretty sure the new software is doing, had several pictures from past threads "lose the link" as a result of this, I'll try it here for kicks, this is the "Percent sign" -% sometimes it takes a bit? Anyway hope this can get worked through or I'll be doing I don't know what to get those pics back up there. Interesting

EDIT: yeah, that stuff following "Percent sign" was typed in as the sign from the keyboard and posting on here it went wierd, hopefully this isn't my computer, that'd be kinda........
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Strahan View Post
    Hi Vince,

It's an interpretation issue... "Unlimited photos in forum posts" does not mean an unlimited number of pics in a given post, but an unlimited number of photos a member can post in our forums. Unpaid members have a cap on the number of pics they can post in our forums, and we lifted that restriction for Premium Members. We're not trying to be sneaky here, we are limited by the software in how many pics we can allow per post though.

Hope it makes sense?

-Mike
    well i got a new interpritation issue with it today... I am over my quota and can not attach any more photos to post or albums on my profile... BTW the new attachemnt manager SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! holy cow i never have used a more difficult thingy bob...

meet on face book here