Thread: Chena River

Default Chena River

Well, since the Kings are running a little late this year, I decided to take some friends and family on the Chena to chase some Grayling. First we floated the upper river, the 3rd bridge to Rosehip park. Weather was amazing.

Fishing was pretty good as well.

Never fails at least one person always seems to fall into the river. We stopped for lunch and to BBQ some socks, I mean dry some socks....LOL

Saw this canoe in a widow maker logjam last year. Seen it had traveled down river a few miles since the last time I saw it. Also saw the back half but was busy trying to stay out of the timber myself and was unable to get a photo.

Last year.

This year.

The fishing was great all day took us 8 hours to float it with a stop for a fire and lunch.

Steve

Wanted to take my wife's Uncle out, but he has mobility issues and I have a bad back, was afraid we might not be able to handle the river hazards on the upper river so we took the Jet Ranger and hit the lower part. The fishing wasn't as good, but was still Okay.

What a great place to live!!!!

Happy Floating

Steve

Looks like a great day to get your feet wet,

The Interior, Indeed a Great Place To Live, Nice Fish also
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !