Thread: Free Halibut

Default Free Halibut

PM if interested in some halibut.
    "He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit is better than he who takes a city." ~ Proverbs 16:32

Dang!!!
    If it was September I would be knocking on your door right now!!!

LOL, this is something different. I have a Halibut Subsistence card... need to make a trip around Seldovia or out of Seward. )
    "He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit is better than he who takes a city." ~ Proverbs 16:32

Don is all excited. He is looking for a pot puller for his boat as we speak. He wants to go NOW
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Quote Originally Posted by Back Country Robb View Post
    LOL, this is something different. I have a Halibut Subsistence card... need to make a trip around Seldovia or out of Seward. )
    I take it what you are taliking about is you are looking for someone to take you out in their boat so you can use your subsistence Halibut card?
    This ups the take to 20 Halibut and you would be willing to give the person some of your subsistence caught fish in exchange for taking you out?
    I have done this for friends of mine who have SHARC cards.
    I just found out this year from some of the nice fellows on here that the regs changed in the last few years and non card holders can no longer touch any of the gear used to harvest your subsistence catch. Be well aware of the regs and read them over several times.It is also good to know EXACTLY where the subsistence zone is out of homer.
    If I am wrong please correct me but this is what I assume you are proposing.
    BTW I am not offering to take you as my schedule is pretty full the rest of this season when I am not on the slope.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"