Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A step backwards.

Default A step backwards.

I must say I'm disapointed in the new format.

It appears very cumbersome, maybe it'll grow on us.

"Change" always has some getting used to. You gotta be able to look at the big picture and how it might appeal to the masses.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Since I don't own it I don't have to "look at the big picture". I just have to look at my little slice of it.

I'm not sure Mike asked himself how best to ruin his website and settled on these changes. Geezers are slow to change( I am one) and we become comfortable with our old shoes but now and then we gotta go get some new ones.

Default Not user Friendly

I would have to agree with the others, dont really care about the masses, if appealing to the masses is a goal of the new AOD then I may be spending less time here.

Very much disappointed when I turned on the puter this AM, opened up AOD and said W.T.F.? WHos been jazzing around on my machine?

Checked my browsing history, cause I thought some one had changed my settings.............? now I see it is a result of AOD .............so I asked myself again ***, I dont remember anyone complaining about how it use to be..............cripes.......

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

hmmmm well perhaps i see one reson why???? i have to log in again every time i get up for 10 or more minutes or so.... auto matic log out if no activity?
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I thought my computer or the Site was having some issues so I have restarted the computer 2 times until I read this thread. Are you guys telling me THIS is permanent?? Not good...

Guess I'll save my opinion till I drive this thing for a while, but like a few of you, I thought something was wrong. Seemed like the web site was only partially loading and the forced logon didn't seem right too. I'd just finished checking email on a new corporate website, and I thought those rascals had built something into their logon script to force IE changes on my computer. Hey, I can't put a smiley face on this! Wonder what else is gone?

Oh, never mind, have to click on "Go Advanced" to get access to icons.

Very disappointed. I am a fan of the saying "if it ain't broke dont fix it!". Doesn't seem like the old format was broke.......

Quote Originally Posted by CGSwimmer25 View Post
    Very disappointed. I am a fan of the saying "if it ain't broke dont fix it!". Doesn't seem like the old format was broke.......
    X2, Who do I have to pay to get it changed back??? I'm really really not down with this.

When this site first went to VBulletin, folks complained. At every upgrade similar complaints where made. Each time there is a transition period, along with a few adjustments and tweaks from the tech support folks, and we all adapt.

Hope and Change ya'll......<grin>

Thanks Mike S. and Brian M. for your diligence in trying to keep this site on track and as 'fresh' as possible......
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

It is the cost of progress, there are going to be a learning curve but w/ any software eventually it becomes outdated and then unsupported which creats problems if there is a system failure. I am sure there will be additional setup changes to tweek things over the next little while.

Change for the sake of change is just change.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by mit View Post
    Change for the sake of change is just change.
    So your vote would be to continue with outdated and soon to be unsupported software? What about when MS releases a version of IE that no longer works with the old software? Should Mike just wait for that to happen and have his website (livelyhood) crash? While the cliche turn on the Obama campaign slogan is warranted in many issues this is not one of them. Being proactive and setting yourself up for success in the future is to be commended. While I think the layout still needs some tweaking (most notably the font size), I have little doubt that we will adapt to the new software and enjoy it's added functionality down the road.

Unhappy New Format

*** .... I'm a TWO THUMBS DOWN person. Is there going to be a trial period to gather user feedback? Is there an option to return to the prior system? Don't remember any advance notice of coming changes, why they were needed or a good idea, or even how the site ( and hence also members I presume) would benefit from the change. In my experience things hurt less if they are preceded by a "This is going to hurt" warning. PR is usually a good thing .... but not needed in a "top down driven" organization! I am assuming the current format which does not seem any MORE user friendly to me is a "like it or leave change" without the option for site user feedback. Guess this is my feedback EVEN THO NOT REQUESTED (?any interest in same?).

Change is a constant, worst part was just logging back in. Must press forward especially with software changing all the time. Thumbs up

Terry

I think a more wide-ranging explanation from forum staff will be forthcoming.

A note to the forum: My wife was unable to log on, then reset her password and still could not log on, and her mutterings while doing so were the equivalent of "screw this" <grin>. I also had trouble initially logging on. I hope that isn't widespread and gets fixed fairly quickly.

A couple of pointers for members: your USER CP is now in the upper right corner of the website banner under Settings. The add-to-reputation icon is now lower left, looks like a six-pointed black star, next to the "report" icon that is an exclamation mark in a triangle.

I look fwd to hearing about what this new software will do.

I agree Mark! I would like them to increase the size of the "go to latest post in this thread" icon if possible. It was tough enough to hit before now it is about the size of a pin head!

Thumbs down

Never mind. My complaint was fixed as soon as I looked again.
    Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast