Thread: Tapatalk

Default Tapatalk

For those with iphone, blackberry or Android devices tapatalk is a great app to view forums such as this one. Thanks go out to the admin for activating it here.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

What makes it so great?

I brought this application up to Mike several months ago. It is an app for the ipod touch or iphone which stops you from having to view the forum in the browser. It converts everything so that the posts/threads are formatted to fit and be user friendly. This is a very big positive step for the site in my opinion. Mobil multimedia is here to stay and this puts us right in the game!

Ok, Im going to go check this site out on ITouch..hmmmm

2.99 for taptalk app is insane... so he changed the format so people can pay 2.99 for an application to easier access this site from an iphone or ipod......... OK....hmmm..

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

The change to the vBulletin software and the addition of the tapatalk application are not the same. They were just added at the same time since they were paying for the server work anyway.

Mike doesn't make money off the app, he makes money off of advertisements from the site. Providing the option for a iphone interface is good business sense. If you enjoy the forum frequently and would like it to be more user friendly on your several hundred dollar ipod/iphone then the app which costs less than a gallon of gas may be worth it to you. The app also works w/ other forums. I believe glocktalk for instance is also compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by ret25yo View Post
    Ok, Im going to go check this site out on ITouch..hmmmm

2.99 for taptalk app is insane... so he changed the format so people can pay 2.99 for an application to easier access this site from an iphone or ipod......... OK....hmmm..
    The two are unrelated - tapatalk functionality was installed at the same time as the forums site upgrade simply because I was in the system at the time. Made sense to kill two birds with one stone.

Also tapatalk is quite independant of these forums - Mike doesn't get any money from people buying the app. Its just installed to give you an alternative to using the browser in your smartphone.

Well worth $2.99 in my opinion. Using browser to view forum on a 3.5" screen is not very user friendly. With tapatalk viewing forum is quick and easy with my Android phone. When people complain about .99 or even $3 for a app that really works well it cracks me up. Takes a lot of work to make a good app.

Administrator

(from the Tapatalk website. Note that this is a forum enhancement that was developed by a third-party, and that they are well within their rights to sell it for a profit. If you don't like it, you can still view the forums on your smart phone the same way you always could! -Admin)

Tapatalk is a mobile forum app for iPhone / Android and soon to be on Blackberry and Nokia. Tapatalk supports vBulletin (3.x and 4.x) and phpBB forums and forum owner can activate this service for free. Tapatalk supports all the usual forum functions plus full screen image viewing, image upload, caching (less reload), private messaging, all these features are accessible in just a few simple taps.

Tapatalk for iPhone:
    Showing New and Unread Posts:

Full Thread Viewing and Pagination Support:

See Who's Online:

Reply to Post and Image Upload:

Check out http://www.tapatalk.com for more information!

I saw the option come up while I was cruising the site a few hours ago from my Iphone, I think I'll buy just because I frequent the site quite a bit while away from home...
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/