Thread: Bear hide selling ??

Default Bear hide selling ??

Ok, its now legal to sell green or tanned hides as long as they are sealed (according to the regs). thats fine, I dont have a problem with that. Now some areas are set up that some bears dont need to be sealed. Do they have to be sealed if they leave that GMU? otherwise everybody shot there bear in certain parts of 12, 19, 20 etc so they dont have to play the sealing game.

Basically the state is saying to kill blackies but yet you need a harvest tag? why not just list them as furbearers and give a more liberal bag count?

Is there someone out there who knows more about this than me that can clarify these new regs. I'll call fins and feathers but I'm sure I'll get the same run around cuz no one can explain it, cuz they dont know either.

Blink,

The BOG did revise the listing and black bears are now also classified as furbearers.

Far as I know, not all units require a black bear harvest ticket. This reclassification of black bears, and allowance of the sale of hide, skull, claws, is still new, and I think F&G is working out the kinks. I didn't see any mention in the new regs on the selling of claws either.

If you or anyone else has any questions for particular areas, you might contact Suzan Bowen at ADFG: suzan.bowen@alaska.gov

Thanks Mark. I'll get ahold of Suzan for more clarification.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

http://www.wildlife.alaska.gov/regul...fs/general.pdf

go to page 5 of the regs... it is explained there... i dont recall any discussion of selling claws alone or not though i don't see a prohibition on it now that they could be sold with the hide.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here