Thread: Valdez streams or lakes....?

Default Valdez streams or lakes....?

I am planning on going to Valdez at the end of July with my girlfriend and am wondering about any good fishing spots near or in Valdez we could try out. We do not want to pay for a charter and want to try our luck on our own. Thanks for any help.

Steve

A good creek out by glennallen is Tolsona creek! Just park at the bridge and fish up the right side of the trail upstream with dry flies or small spinners for grayling! And you can fish off the bank at summit lake or paxton lake. Good luck on the trip. Tight lines
    -Its better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.
    -Put some excitment between your legs, ride a polaris!
    -Local 907 Riders Union
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AKMackdaddy?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by Lake creek fishermen View Post
    A good creek out by glennallen is Tolsona creek! Just park at the bridge and fish up the right side of the trail upstream with dry flies or small spinners for grayling! And you can fish off the bank at summit lake or paxton lake. Good luck on the trip. Tight lines
    Lake Creek,
    Do you if Tolsona holds bows or dollies?

At the end of July there will be a ton of pinks swimming around the harbor. Follow the signs for Allison Point/Pipeline Terminus, drive over the bridge at the Solomon Hatchery and fish off the rocks that you see to your right for the next couple miles...it won't matter where. At high tide or there abouts, throw any kind of mepps/vibrax spinner you like in roughly #3 size and have a ball. Lots of folks throw pixies as well but it's easier for me to detect a bite as opposed to a snag/bump with a steady retrieve on a spinner. Use some lighter tackle and have fun with it. You can fly fish as well, but I haven't done it...I just enjoy slugging it out with spinners. I'm sure someone else can tell you all about the flies. I'll be down there around then for an all out pink-athon myself...100 fish days (CnR) are not out of the question.
    "Live that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Show respect to all and grovel to none. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people."