Thread: Cook Inlet Update

Default Cook Inlet Update

Contribute please if you have additional info: but this is what I have so far...

Weather looks like it will return to favorable conditions to blow in some fish; trouble is that the OTF has not given us a lot of hope for good numbers hitting the beach just yet. It went from the teens back up to 84, so it can be conjectured that a new biomass is entering the mouth of cook inlet OR that the large OTF numbers were blown down the inlet a bit back into the OTF nets.

Weather is predicted to be:
    Today...N wind 15 kt becoming se 10 kt in the afternoon. Seas 3 ft. Rain. .Tonight...S wind 15 kt. Seas 3 ft. Rain. .Sun and Sun night...SW wind 20 kt. Seas 4 ft. .Mon through Wed...SW wind 10 kt. Seas 2 ft.

So given that we get decent OTF numbers today and tomorrow; looks like next weekend might show some better numbers. It's looking a bit thin so far though. This could be a steady trickle of fish and we might skip the big bulge pushes that we get a couple of times a season.

And for the doubters on my predicting/forecasting I give you this disclaimer.....
    (this information is for entertainment purposes only and not to be used as a guage or guide to the success of your own personal endeavors. No animals were harmed in the production of this message)
    "He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit is better than he who takes a city." ~ Proverbs 16:32

Default I beg to differ...

This one back's still hurts and my calf's are still sore. So don't tell me no animals were hurt in this production!!!
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Default sloooow today

saw maybe 10 -20 reds netted all day. did'nt think it would be that bad even with lower numbers at the sonar.

Quote Originally Posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    This one back's still hurts and my calf's are still sore. So don't tell me no animals were hurt in this production!!!
    Oh man.... the whining! He wasn't really harmed folks, he'll claim anything to compensate for lack of fishing prowess. (although he did out-dip me by one fish) LOL
    "He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit is better than he who takes a city." ~ Proverbs 16:32