Well, I just returned from the SCI national convention in Reno, Nevada. This was my fourth year conducting seminars there on Alaska float hunting. This time in addition to float hunting, I did a seminar on "Planning Your Alaska Hunt", together with our very own David Johnson, and with Tracey Harmon, of Alaska Raft and Kayak. We tag-teamed the thing and it went very well, with just the right mix of Okie humor, tom-foolery and good, solid hunt planning information (thanks for the latter, David!) A great time for sure; maybe we enjoyed it more than the folks who attended!

There were a number of forum members there, who introduced themselves. If any of those who attended are reading this, a heart-felt thanks is in order. We appreciated your attendance at the seminars and the many great questions asked. Folks, I know that there are many others out there who know way more about this stuff than us, but it sure is fun to get to share our wonderful state with other people who are interested.

For those in the Anchorage or Fairbanks areas, I have been asked again to do hunting seminars at outdoor shows in both locations this spring; at the Great Alaska Sportsman Show, and at the Fairbanks Outdoor Show. I hope to see you there. I believe the topics will be float hunting and field care of meat and trophies. Please feel free to send your questions or suggestions and I'll do my best to make the information both relevant and entertaining. I'll post the schedule as soon as I get it.

Thanks again to all who attended!