Thread: SHIP Silvers???

Default SHIP Silvers???

Anyone seeing any silvers yet???

I was down there today swingin some flys for kings and did not see any. There have, however, been a couple reports of some silvers being caught.
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

Default Maybe

Jost got back from there and saw either a small king or silver jump. It was chrome though.

Will be in and around Anchorage from mid August through the first week in September and would like to fish Ship Creek. Is it possible to do that from shore anywhere or are waders a must?

Get a pair of hip waders or rain boots. You can manage, just don't wear new clothes in case you slip and fall

If you fish at or near high tide there are plenty of good spots where you don't need waders or boots really. If you want to fish any other tide waders are pretty much a must. My personal favorite is 3 hours before high tide on the incoming tide, rising tide, and then 2 hours after high tide. Other people swear by the low tide. Usually a good run of silvers so as long as you put time in you'll do fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Akbrownsfan View Post
    If you fish at or near high tide there are plenty of good spots where you don't need waders or boots really. If you want to fish any other tide waders are pretty much a must. My personal favorite is 3 hours before high tide on the incoming tide, rising tide, and then 2 hours after high tide. Other people swear by the low tide. Usually a good run of silvers so as long as you put time in you'll do fine.
    Great advice...thanks.
    Was just looking at the tide predictions table . Can I expect the times given to be accurate or at least be pretty close? I'd like to avoid using waders if possible but might check Craigslist to see if I can pick up a decent pair used...hopefully cheap!

Default Any Update???

Hope to hear an update prior to running down there. I might head to the Eklutna instead.