Thread: At Kasilof dipping now

Default At Kasilof dipping now

Lots of people. Very few fish. Seen maybe a dozen in the two and one half hours I have been here. Only one bump on my net.

Default good luck

Was there on wednesday, 3 fish and it sucked. Rain/wind and barely any fish. Hope things work out and if you see a silver 4 wheeler, it is familyman. He is down there too.
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Default Worst time of the Season?

Kasilof 10 year averages chart. Dated, but inneresting.

Judge for y'self.

~tr

what unit is this chart measuring? escapement? and what 10 year span does it cover? just curious.
    the ADF&G data states that 75% of the personal use catch is harvested between july 11 and july 21. now does this mean more people fish during this period, or that there are historically more fish in at that time, i don't know.

Default Kasilof Escapement Charts

The original is a compilation of data found here:

http://home.gci.net/~reetz/kasilof/kasilof.htm

Be sure to click on the tabs at the bottom of the page for different views of the same info.

The data is sockeye escapement from 1993-2002 as compiled from ADF&G archives here:
    http://www.sf.adfg.state.ak.us/FishCounts/

The Kasilof sockeye counts start in 1979.

~tr

It is one AM. Twelve hours of dipping. 17 fish. So far.

Final tally-net in water 18 hours, 22 fish.

Quote Originally Posted by skydiver View Post
    Final tally-net in water 18 hours, 22 fish.
    Are you on a blackberry or iphone? I like the reports! Were you fishing from the bank or from a boat? We'll be down there next Thursday or Friday with a boat and hopefully we'll do better than that...

iPhone. South bank. I didn't want to recommend or not recommend people come down to dip. Rather, I just wanted to report what I was experiencing and let others decide if it was worth it to them to make the trip. I do recommend that people plan on stopping on their way home if needed to to take a nap.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Are you on a blackberry or iphone? I like the reports! Were you fishing from the bank or from a boat? We'll be down there next Thursday or Friday with a boat and hopefully we'll do better than that...
    Boats were doing very well.

Yea was there Thursday Afternoon /Evening High to Low Tide...Nothing Notta
    Friday Afternoon /Evening High to Low Tide yielded 2 fish, buddy got 6. Probably could have got a few more, but I missed 2 and weather made it no fun, so I fished intermittently... Forgot rain jackets at the camper....ooops.
    Said heck with it and bagged Saturday and just hung out at camp and drank beer. Figured I was probably missing out, since that is normally my luck, but to my surprise...doesn't look like I missed much....

Quote Originally Posted by dirtysteev View Post
    what unit is this chart measuring? escapement? and what 10 year span does it cover? just curious.
    the ADF&G data states that 75% of the personal use catch is harvested between july 11 and july 21. now does this mean more people fish during this period, or that there are historically more fish in at that time, i don't know.
    Here's a link to the daily data for the Kasilof from 1995-2004 with chart of averages and daily counts.

http://www.cf.adfg.state.ak.us/regio...i/kasdaily.pdf

~tr