Thread: DS129 - Eklutna

Wasilla, Alaska, United States, 105575526141581, Wasilla, Alaska

Default DS129 - Eklutna

I drew DS129 sheep permit this year! Suggestions from all you experts?

If you live in the anchorage/valley area go hike it. It is close to home and lends itself to easy day or overnight trips. Easy access. Should be lots of fun, but hike it now so you have an idea what the sheep are up to and find easier routes to get to them. Even an evening trip in on a day like today would be very beneficial. Can access by foot, bike, wheeler, plane, maybe even a canoe.

I drew the DS141 tag and am new to sheep hunting as well. I plan on going in by bike w/ a bob trailer. I have yet to scout out the area due to bear hunting still. If you wanted to tag a long that would be fine and see what we can figure out. Not sure what the 129 boundaries are. Still excersize and checking out the general area.

Default eklutna

There is a trail around the lake from the campground. The parking areas at the lake require a state permit or pay by the day. One can always walk the trail or ride a bike on it. Certain days of the week it is open to 4-wheeler traffic. No gas motors are allowed on craft on the lake but one can always paddle down it. There is a an airstrip at the far end of the lake but that is the only aircraft access.

Wasilla, Alaska, United States, 105575526141581, Wasilla, Alaska

I am in Wasilla so access is easy and quick The area is off the East Fork Trail so after researching this past weekend, we'll atv or bike in a few times to see what is in store. Heard that that trail (East Fork) is over grown with alders, does anyone know about that? if so, how far we will we have to break trail before getting to the so-called "bowl" back there? Thanks for the help and keep it coming!

I am pretty sure the trail is open to motorized vehicles Sunday thru Wed. only. Also, you have to stay on the trail and obey the speed limits. It is the fastest way to get to the back, but I always get those "looks" from hikers and bikers when using the wheeler. They act like it is there place and 4 wheelers should not be there.

AkBillyBow
    2007 Glacier Bay Cat 2690 Coastal Runner, Twin Honda 150's