Thread: interior pike fly out dates

Default interior pike fly out dates

how LATE in the season has someone flown with Rick Gold and still had a good trip?

And would you do the minto trip or one of the lake trips?

I had planned on doing a fly-out this month with Rick. When I called him, the lady that answered the phone said that he was pretty open for the month. My thoughts were doing one out to the lakes. I can always drive to Minto...

Proudly Serving Since 1997
    The circle is complete again, finally. The force is once again balanced!
    "Only a Sith deals in absolutes in regards to fishing!"

I cant go till the earliest next month...after this weekend I'm pulling OT plus regular time the rest of the month including some 24 hour whacks, happy joy I was thinking depending on work and if they hire someone early aug.

I do know that I've fished Minto the 1st week of August and did ok. It wasn't nearly as good as the middle of July though. That weekend was rediculous. I caught 3 fish over 40" that weekend.

Proudly Serving Since 1997
    The circle is complete again, finally. The force is once again balanced!
    "Only a Sith deals in absolutes in regards to fishing!"

I went with Rick in late August 10 years ago. The fishing was phenomenal to say the least. I pulled a 25lber out of one of his lakes.

We flew out to Rick's Minto cabin for an overnight a couple years ago over Labor Day. Since it was our first time, I don't really have a comparison to what is good and what isn't, but I thought we did well. Probably 40-50 fish we caught.

Two other groups flew out there at the same time and one group matched us and the second group probably doubled us! One of the guys even caught about a 10lb white fish.