Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hope/Forum run the 17th

Thumbs up Hope/Forum run the 17th

Looks like a time to head down for a day of gripping and ripping pinks. June and I are gonna head down for a day run. Anyone else interested. Great place for kids and newbies to have some fun.

High tide is around noon that day in anchorage so it wont have to be an o dark thirty run. I like fishing the outgoing tide anyway.

June has been itching to take her 350Z down the hope road for a while. A couple of 5wt fly rods and lets have some fun

Oh and vince will not be there this trip LMAO
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

I should be down in Hope on the 17th already. We are stopping off there en route to Homer.

Proudly Serving Since 1997
    The circle is complete again, finally. The force is once again balanced!
    "Only a Sith deals in absolutes in regards to fishing!"

Look for the little red sports car. Unless the weather is crappy then white 1/2ton silverado with fish stickers all over the back window. Or just look for june catching all the fish

We would love to meet up and say hey and BS

I'll be down there with hopefully 2 other members. Look for the 3 guys with there limits..

Since I'll be down there around Bings, I may just load everyone up and we take a trip North for some action if the Reds aren't cooperating.

man I hate the new job already....after this weekend I'll be working straight through till august including a couple 24 hour stints ugg! bad gookumpucky baaad gookumpucky!

I think that is the weekend of the big Hope'Days Wagon road foot race, and general party..........

Question:
    What good are Pinks? Smoking?

Would you suggest driving 80 miles from Bings if Hope is a place you've never been before?

Quote Originally Posted by Rgrwalker View Post
    Question:
    What good are Pinks? Smoking?

Would you suggest driving 80 miles from Bings if Hope is a place you've never been before?

Pinks are good for catching. I dont keep them but some people do.

If the red fishing is hot and you limit it would be a nice drive. The pinks usually flood in there and make for a great couple of hours of fishing.

Plus I know alot of folks that were itching to do a pink run so why not meet up with some more fellow guys and gals and put names with the faces

I'll bring the family down,always fun to slay the humpies.Be driving the big ol' white ford.

Attempting to talk the guys into it now as we speak. I think I have them convinced that the trip is about the experience!

Quote Originally Posted by Kotton View Post
    I'll bring the family down,always fun to slay the humpies.Be driving the big ol' white ford.

Im gonna see if Riley (mossyhorn) and Rose want to come down too. I never know with her schedule though

Attempting to talk the guys into it now as we speak. I think I have them convinced that the trip is about the experience!

That it is. Hope is ummmmmmm cute, small, and different. If the stars are in line it is catch fish untill your arms fall off though

Hey walker. As I said in the fish shipping thread. Bring your fish down to hope. NOBODY will bother them. Bow and I will guard them with our life while your out fishing. Heck we will even bring them back to anchorage with us for you

LOL, Good Luck with that, since I fly in on Thursday night @ 9:45pm and don't check into my Cabin on the Kenai until 1pm Friday and plan on making Salmon Fajitas for dinner that night. Yea, the amount of fish I will have before you see me on Saturday will be about, uhhhh, Zero, lol.

Has anyone here ever smoked a Humpy? I am seriously considering getting some smoked. I hate catching the dang things and not take some back.

Default yes

Has anyone here ever smoked a Humpy? I am seriously considering getting some smoked. I hate catching the dang things and not take some back.
    I have and they weren't too bad but......if you can get reds; why bother?

Im gonna take a stab at this. They should be dime bright and fresh when we catch them. If you clean them right away and smoke them with in 24hrs they might be pretty good. I have had them in a salmon salad (like tuna fish) on tortilla's and they turned out pretty good when cared for fresh.

There is nothing wrong with catching and releasing pinks though Plus this is a pink year on the kenai. Chances are your gonna have quite a few where your gonna be this year

Ok, well that answers that question. There is absolutely no way I can get them smoked within 24 hours of catching them, so... Catch and Release it is! HEHE

We will make sure to take alot of pictures though, Hows that?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast