Thread: unguided moose hunt advice

Smile unguided moose hunt advice

hello! I have recently been offered the amazing opportunity to go on an unguided moose hunt in unit 25D. Unfortunately, my "hunting dad" passed away unexpectedly a few months ago. He is the man who taught me how to shoot, respect animals, respect nature and all it has to offer, and ultimately understand the meaning of hunting. He is the one I would have turned to with all my questions and had right by my side, but because that is not an option, I'm determined to find a hunting community that can give me advice and share my deep respect for hunting. I am open to ANY advice that you have to give or reference material that I should read. Thanks in advance, and I really hope I'll be able to gather the information necessary to go on my first hunt without him.

was your hunting dad the person you were going with? Or did you sign up with a fly out service that is dropping you off? Do you know exactly where your going? are you going solo?

I guess a little more info of what your starting out with or what you have planned so far would be helpfull for us to know.

I would have gone with him if he was still around but this opportunity came up about a week ago and it's a drop of hunt for 7 days 100 miles north of Fairbanks. I was told about the opportunity by a family friend who said I could come along on his drop off but we won't be hunting together. So, I'm going with my biological father who recently was introduced to hunting and i'm really looking to spend some quality time with him and build a relationship like the one i had with my hunting dad. If we get a moose that'd be amazing but I really wanna form that special bond you have with your best hunting counterpart.

Default moose hunting

Christine,
    Buy some moose calling tapes and you might amaze your biological father. Listen and study hard; it is not all that hard to call them.
    Dan

Default Love, Thunder & Bull

1 & 2 are pretty helpful & chock full o' info on moose huntin'...& if you find the deal where you can get the "Bull Magnet" yer in fer a treat!