Thread: Newbie Introduction

Default Newbie Introduction

Hi all,
    I just made the move up about 2 weeks ago and am loving every minute of it! I'm on Eielson, just down the road from North Pole.

I'm pretty experienced with fishing in the lower 48 but brand spankin' new to the wilds up here. Back there, I spent a LOT of time fishing from a sit on top kayak in small streams and lakes. I've managed to get out and wet a line a couple of times with no luck.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself.

SnowBass

Welcome to the boards and the "Great Land".

Proudly Serving Since 1997
    The circle is complete again, finally. The force is once again balanced!
    "Only a Sith deals in absolutes in regards to fishing!"

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Default Hey Snowbass

I spent eight awesome years at Eielson...didn't want to leave, ever, but the AF saw it differently. There are so many cool little sloughs, creeks, ponds, lakes etc. around the Eielson / North Pole area, you're gonna love it! Anyways, welcome.

Welcome! Break out the pike gear up there.. lol

Welcome to the board and hunting/fishing paradise!!

Welcome, to North Pole and Alaska in general. Dude get ready cause the Salmon are almost in the Salcha River. As for the Chena go get em now.And there are alot of little ponds, lakes and sloughs holding grayling and all. So have fun.

Default Hey Snowbass!

I was born and raised in Alaska, joined the military and got stationed in Georgia...where I learned to bass fish! Had our own little club and tournament trail - what a blast! Man...I miss bass fishing year-round when it's -50 in good ole Fairbanks. But right now, I don't miss it at all. You are in a fishing paradise my man. I'm also stationed at Eielson now...finally got orders home. PM me and let's go fishing...welcome!

Thumbs up Base Ponds

Quote Originally Posted by AF EOD View Post
    I was born and raised in Alaska, joined the military and got stationed in Georgia...where I learned to bass fish! Had our own little club and tournament trail - what a blast! Man...I miss bass fishing year-round when it's -50 in good ole Fairbanks. But right now, I don't miss it at all. You are in a fishing paradise my man. I'm also stationed at Eielson now...finally got orders home. PM me and let's go fishing...welcome!
    Don't overlook those ponds accross the street from EAFB. Caught some mighty big pike through the ice there!! That's a freebie ;-) Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the warm welcome! AF EOD (hmm, wonder what your AFSC is? haha) coming here from south Alabama I hear you. I have a passion for bass. Now after starting to get a look around I'm in love here too. Me and the wife have been to the Chena Lake recreational area and on a couple of the Eielson lakes now. So far we haven't had any luck. I'm trying to get serious with fly fishing and have had several little guys roll the dry fly but no serious takers yet. I can't tell you how much I'm stoked to get that first fish on the fly up here!

SnowBass