Thread: Track Torn

Default Track Torn

I have an older Tundra II with a torn track. I need to fix it or get a new one, has anybody ever had one repaired from the company back east, Carroll Tech? The track is still in decent shape except for the tear, I could save about $300 on the repair vs new. Any ideas or suggestions?

Is it torn on the edge or in the middle?

On the edge, and then inside abit on a couple of the studs. Even if I buy a new track was thinking about getting it repaired to have an extra.

I dont know of any way to repair a torn track. I just replaced the track on my Tundra this spring. I got one for about 500 shipped. It;s not cheap, but I really like the 1993 Tundra and i wouldnt trade it for anything. I got the new track from a guy in maine. It seems really good from the little that I rode it after. YOu might as well replace all the bearings and stuff. Have a good one with changing it out. It took me 4 hours and I had a shop manual from a friend of mine.

http://www.cbperformanceparts.com/

These guys are great to deal with and ship Postal which helps save a bunch of money. I believe a track was about 80 bucks for delivery.

Yes, I ordered one from them, about $400 delivered. Will do it myself, change the bearings & be good for several more years. Love the old tundra & plan on keeping it quite awhile. Thanks for all the assistance.